Stuff to put in a new table

jimmerr

5 Year Member
I just upgraded my Russian Tortoise to a new bigger enclosure and i need some ideas of what to put in it i have a light source, hide log, water bath, food dish and some rocks to play on. I need some ideas for what else to put in to make him happy

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I've always thought how boring it must be for a tortoise to come out in the a.m. and be able to see his whole world. So in that vein, I put in a few sight barriers so he has to get out and actually walk around stuff in order to see his whole world.

You can use plants in the pot and sunk down into the substrate, or a big rock or two, or a piece of driftwood. You can put a tunnel made out of a piece of big PVC pipe and covered all over with substrate. Let your imagination be your guide.

Joanne

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire, UK
Definitely plants. Easy to buy ones like spider plants and easter cactus. When I'm out and about, if I see a plant I like, I check www.thetortoisetable.org on my phone to see if it is safe to eat.

I got some tree bark from a local woods and soaked it in a mild bleach solution for a couple of days, weighting it down so anything inside will die! Then rinse thoroughly and soak in plain water for another day.

I think I might have a look around for some PVC pipe for my table actually... would make a nice hide in the coir hill I have!