substrate and white membrane in eye

Status
Not open for further replies.

russiantortoiselover1

5 Year Member
haha ok i hope they get better! Do u know if is it a problem that they never go under the substrate or in their hides? ur torts eyes look better and just like my torts. For some reason my torts have never been really energetic so i havent notice a difference in health... Their eyes didnt do that as fast as urs it happened over time so i didnt notice it as a problem until u posted something (thanks) Is ur tort doing better? ill let u know if i learn anything at repticon. :)

bamboo

5 Year Member
russiantortoiselover1 said:
haha ok i hope they get better! Do u know if is it a problem that they never go under the substrate or in their hides? ur torts eyes look better and just like my torts. For some reason my torts have never been really energetic so i havent notice a difference in health... Their eyes didnt do that as fast as urs it happened over time so i didnt notice it as a problem until u posted something (thanks) Is ur tort doing better? ill let u know if i learn anything at repticon. :)

Thankyou =) I hope yours gets better too. I don't think it's a problem if they dont burrow or go into hides since mine goes into phases where she does and doesn't for a while. I've read somewhere that it was normal too.
Where did you got your tortoises from? I think yours may just not be active because of the lighting. See how it goes for a few days with the new light. Make sure it has UVA/UVB and heat. And is your substrate top soil? With no stuff added to it? Like the white balls. If you haven't yet, look up the basis for what is needed for the torts. I always look to make sure I'm doing it right haha. I'm still a newb at this though so yea

My tortoise is doing a lot better. I'm just waiting to see more results with the tissues in her eyes. Please do let me know if you learn anything from the repticon. All information to make her better would be a great help! Thankyou =D

WillTort2

5 Year Member
If they feel safe in their enclosure, they are more likely to select their sleeping place based on temperature and humidity and just use a corner or a plant for their sense of security.

russiantortoiselover1

5 Year Member
ya im a newbie too
its nice to know its not bad my torts don't go in hides or dig. I may not get a light cuz im going to keep them outside full time. But if i do it will be saturday at repticon. Yes my substrate is top soil i think it doesnt have any fertilizers in it so...

bamboo

5 Year Member
Nice. Thats good =) I cant let mine out because I live next to a forest....and my parents grow a lot og greens so a lot of aninals would come to our yard and eat. We arent allowed fence either. Theres been a family of coyotes apotted around my area so yup. Not good for me haha I only rake her out when im there to watch her. But thats good that you can provide a natural home for her =)

russiantortoiselover1

5 Year Member
ImageUploadedByTortForum1372335426.921101.jpg
Only digging she does [PENSIVE FACE]

1labrador golden retriever mix:Annie
1cockapoo: lily
1baby bearded dragon:Lincoln
2russians: Ramona and scooter
3fish
1guinea pig: cookie
Love my pets!!

Last edited by a moderator: