Substrate for 1 year old greek

Status
Not open for further replies.

ismail

5 Year Member
I was told that i need to increase the humidity in my setup and int he greek forum i was suggested that maybe i need to change substrate. Currently i am using plain compost, sand and oyster shells for my greeks. where i live i cannot find topsoil or cococoir, so I went around the internet and found these substrates from eco terra can be shipped. They are marketed as good in increasing humidity : forest bark, coco husk, jungle earth, plantation soil.

anyone experienced them already could share his experience? any recommendation on which one i should use or definitely not use? suggestions are welcome!

thanks all for your help

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR.
Peat moss, cypress mulch, with a little CoCo Coir.... Never use sand, sure it's natural or what not but its never wise

ismail

5 Year Member
tyrs4u said:
Peat moss, cypress mulch, with a little CoCo Coir.... Never use sand, sure it's natural or what not but its never wise

Hi there mate! thanks for your reply, however, they are all unavailable where i live. i thought maybe someone has used some of the exoterra products mentioned before..

Status
Not open for further replies.