Such thick growth rings?

Defishnsea

Location (City and/or State)
Slidell, Louisiana
He/she is about 2.5 months old now and seems like the growth rings are really thick. I see pictures of some that look similar, and others that are perfectly smooth. Just wondering, to the more experienced, does this looks normal? I am following the turtletary caresheet. I mist it down daily and lock it in the heated insulated house at night where the humid hide is. Temps stay in mid 80's and humidity mid 70's to 80's. The humidity has been seasonably low here in louisiana where it has been in the 50's at times. Would like to make changes now if something needs to be done.
Mattimage.jpg

kathyth

10 Year Member!
Beaumont, CA.
I don't have a good understanding of growth rings but look forward to reading a response to your concern.

byviolet

I don't know the answer myself but my tortoise is fine at the moment (to the best of my knowledge) and he looks exactly like that!

Defishnsea

Slidell, Louisiana
Thanks for the reply. I am probably just being paranoid with my first tortoise. I looked at the photos more closely on the turtletary website, and they all look the same too.

Turtlepete

South Florida
Looks like totally normal growth, compared to the torts I've raised. Nothing to worry about. Judging by the smoothness, looks like he's doing very well!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
That's how my little RF looks so I think he looks fine! :)