Sulcata adoption wanted.

Casey.Phan.1

Location (City and/or State)
Corona
Hi everyone, my name is Casey. Me and my wife are living in Corona, CA. We own a house with more than 3000 square foot back yard. We think it will be the best place for tortoises. Anyone wants to rehome a sulcata, please send me a text at (805) 259-9060 or my email [email protected]. (We preferred an adult one, just in case you guys want to know)

We willing to pay the rehome fees if you guys needed. Because we are NOT joining this forum just to find a free tortoise and resell it. We really are looking for tortoises that we will take care and give them the best house that they deserve.

Thanks.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Best of luck to you.
I reccomend you have photos ready of the land area, housing, etc.
Anyone that's a member here will want that information before parting with an animal.

Casey.Phan.1

Corona
Best of luck to you.
I reccomend you have photos ready of the land area, housing, etc.
Anyone that's a member here will want that information before parting with an animal.
Thank you for your recommendation, I am at work right now. I have a picture of my backyard captured from google map. I don't have the enclosure yet because I want to know the size of the tortoises first, and then I will adjust the enclosure for them right after that. Just to be clear, if anyone wants to rehome your tortoise, let I know the size and his or her habits or conditions. I will build the enclosure as soon as possible that will go best with the tortoise. And I will send all of the information to the owners so they can be sure that their tortoise has the best home for the rehoming.

Capture.JPG

MichaelW

North Hollywood, CA
Hi Micheal, yes, I am still looking for sulcata right now.

Hello,
I have a male sulcata I think is 7 years old. About 24 inches from front of shell to back. Very friendly. Will follow you around & usually comes to you when you call his name. Not asking for any money. Just want a good loving home with plenty of room to roam.

Casey.Phan.1

Corona
Hello,
I have a male sulcata I think is 7 years old. About 24 inches from front of shell to back. Very friendly. Will follow you around & usually comes to you when you call his name. Not asking for any money. Just want a good loving home with plenty of room to roam.
Thanks a lot. I just sent you a direct message. Please check your inbox!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
@Casey.Phan.1 - The tortoise should have your whole back yard. Go around the fence at tortoise level and make sure it is secure with no spaces where the tortoise can see daylight through the fence, and make sure it goes completely to the ground with no space under it. Be sure the gates close securely. Here's a check list for you:

--Is habitat large enough for this species?

--Do gates latch securely? Automatic closing?

--Is fence tall enough? Secure at bottom? Is it “see through”?

--Is there a dog? (dogs will chew turtles & tortoises)

--Does tortoise have access to whole yard? (games like soccer & softball can adversely affect turtles or tortoises, which may be in the path of a child not watching where he is running)

--Is there a pool? Is it fenced? (tortoises cannot swim & will drown if they should happen to fall in)

--Is there shelter from the sun? from the rain? from the cold?

--Is there a clean area for feeding?

--Is there an adequate water supply?

--Is there an area of grass or weeds for grazing

--Is the enclosure planted with plants that are good for them to eat? to hide in?

--Are the corners protected from climbing?

--Is there a separate enclosure for each species?

--Is the hibernation area for tortoises dry? for box turtles moist?

--Is there a warm area or warm house for non-hibernating species?

Casey.Phan.1

Corona
@Casey.Phan.1 - The tortoise should have your whole back yard. Go around the fence at tortoise level and make sure it is secure with no spaces where the tortoise can see daylight through the fence, and make sure it goes completely to the ground with no space under it. Be sure the gates close securely. Here's a check list for you:

--Is habitat large enough for this species?

--Do gates latch securely? Automatic closing?

--Is fence tall enough? Secure at bottom? Is it “see through”?

--Is there a dog? (dogs will chew turtles & tortoises)

--Does tortoise have access to whole yard? (games like soccer & softball can adversely affect turtles or tortoises, which may be in the path of a child not watching where he is running)

--Is there a pool? Is it fenced? (tortoises cannot swim & will drown if they should happen to fall in)

--Is there shelter from the sun? from the rain? from the cold?

--Is there a clean area for feeding?

--Is there an adequate water supply?

--Is there an area of grass or weeds for grazing

--Is the enclosure planted with plants that are good for them to eat? to hide in?

--Are the corners protected from climbing?

--Is there a separate enclosure for each species?

--Is the hibernation area for tortoises dry? for box turtles moist?

--Is there a warm area or warm house for non-hibernating species?
Thanks for the checklist. I guess I am fully qualify for it. My back yard is 3000 Square feet with fully natural grow grass and weed. Fully fenced. No swimming pool. No dog or cat. I don't use any fertilizer or any chemical for my ground even the fruit trees. I kept every in the most natural way.