Sulcata baby looking for a new home.

Turningstar

Location (City and/or State)
Florida
Approximately 8-9 month old sulcata baby for adoption to knowledgeable tortoise home.
I got him July 3rd, 2018, from The Turtle Source. I am looking for someone with experience who would like to take him and give him more time than I have to get him to thrive.
Please feel free to take the time and go through my previous posts about the tortoises we bought. I have bought all the correct foods (opuntia, testudo seed mix, clover seed, mazuri, rep cal, endive and escarole, etc.), purchased the correct lighting and heating CHEs, built a huge closed chamber tank for them, etc. Despite all this, he has only gained 5 grams in 4 months. He walks around, eats, poops, and even self soaks occasionally. My thermostat stopped working one night last week and the tank temp dropped to 65. He blew a couple of nose bubbles that day, but I raised the tank temp a little and started soaking in pedialyte. He seems to be fine now.

I am hoping someone knowledgeable near me would like to take him on and give him more time than I have, and give him a better chance to grow. Had I realized that baby torts would require so much, I wouldnt have gotten them, already having 3 kids of my own to care for 24/7.

I will include all his food and calcium, vitamin powder, food and water bowls.

Turningstar

Florida
Are you willing to ship him? Are you asking for money or just adopting him out?
Im not asking for money. I just want someone with experience who understands what kind of care he needs.
Im not sure about shipping. Ive never shipped live animals to anyone. If I can find out the best way to ship and keep him warm, then yes, as long as its not all the way across the country.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I live in Youngstown Ohio. I currently have two salcatas. I also have a very large back yard for when they are big enough to keep them outside. My two are in for the winter but spend summer outside in a pen. This small one will need to be housed inside until it gets bigger. Let me know if you find out abou the shipping.

Turningstar

Florida
I live in Youngstown Ohio. I currently have two salcatas. I also have a very large back yard for when they are big enough to keep them outside. My two are in for the winter but spend summer outside in a pen. This small one will need to be housed inside until it gets bigger. Let me know if you find out abou the shipping.
I will. Thanks.