Sulcata coloration

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Found this from a guy named RedoFootMan on kingsnake. He is local and only about 45 minutes away. Selling them for $200 a piece for pick-up.

Is that a Sulcata in the middle? if so, is it just a different type of coloring for the shell?

Thanks!

761747.jpg

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
it looks like one, but I'm not sure. Its very pretty though. Are you getting one?

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
That middle one sure is pretty! *nudge nudge... Hehe :)

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
I'm back to thinking about getting one of these guys.

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I believe they will vary in color. I have one that is dark, and then I have one that is very light in color. Just remember how big they get and you have to find a place for him to hang out in the winter!!!!! But they are cute..

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Yeah, I've been reading old posts in the Sulcata threads and deciding against it, lol. They get way too big for a person like me who may or may not have a huge area for them in the near future. The smaller torts won't be a problem, but something that gets over 100lbs and can move heavy objects? Not so sure about, lol.

They are darn cute tho!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Tatooineboy said:
Yeah, I've been reading old posts in the Sulcata threads and deciding against it, lol. They get way too big for a person like me who may or may not have a huge area for them in the near future. The smaller torts won't be a problem, but something that gets over 100lbs and can move heavy objects? Not so sure about, lol.

They are darn cute tho!

If you do decide to get a sulcata, there are many nice ones needing homes in turtle and tortoise rescues. You can usually get them free from a rescue.

Yvonne

Tatooineboy

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Tatooineboy said:

They are darn cute tho!

If you do decide to get a sulcata, there are many nice ones needing homes in turtle and tortoise rescues. You can usually get them free from a rescue.

Yvonne

Most definately. I probably wouldn't do that until I knew for certain that I'd have enough room for them. My current situation isn't very inviting for animals 100lbs+, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.