Sulcata Eyes Bulged

graciemay98

Location (City and/or State)
OH
My baby is 2.5 years old, and I’m just wondering if his eyes look odd to any of you?

His eyeballs seem bulged out and looking in opposite directions all the time. At least compared to photos of other sulcatas i see lol.B667A8F5-9B19-4EE6-834E-670F983BF773.png75005489-C590-4542-8B82-9691DB20C681.png

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I see what you are saying, but I've never seen that before.

Does the tortoise move around and seem to see okay? What type of lighting are you using over the winter? What type of UV bulb?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
These are great pictures! Good job!!

I doubt you have anything to worry about. If she's eating and getting around ok without bumping into things, she has learned to live with these crazy eyes. (I said "she" because this tortoise has a very feminine-looking face. It will be interesting to see if it's male or female as it gets bigger)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
What a freakin face!!! Great photos (more photos! I love that face. He looks normal to me with that kinda wild-eyed look. You need to make more threads about him/her...lol

graciemay98

OH
I see what you are saying, but I've never seen that before.

Does the tortoise move around and seem to see okay? What type of lighting are you using over the winter? What type of UV bulb?
He’s always been healthy and has moved around perfect since i’ve had him as a baby! I can’t think of the brands right now, but i use a UV tube lighting unit, and 2 ceramic heaters for him.

graciemay98

OH
These are great pictures! Good job!!

I doubt you have anything to worry about. If she's eating and getting around ok without bumping into things, she has learned to live with these crazy eyes. (I said "she" because this tortoise has a very feminine-looking face. It will be interesting to see if it's male or female as it gets bigger)
Haha yes, Pickle, has been healthy and sees/moves perfectly since i’ve had him as a baby! (so…. i said “he” because i never really knew what sex it was. BUT just the other day while he was soaking, i witnessed his um.. male body parts.. LOL.) but i do agree Pickle has a more female looking face !

graciemay98

OH
What a freakin face!!! Great photos (more photos! I love that face. He looks normal to me with that kinda wild-eyed look. You need to make more threads about him/her...lol
Pickle says “thanks for the compliment, but i’m more interested in stuffing my face!!”

Attachments

• 22583AD7-0420-407A-915A-15B56C5D6BBC.jpeg
    22583AD7-0420-407A-915A-15B56C5D6BBC.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 15