Sulcata Feeding Variety

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeCCD

5 Year Member
I just wanted to double check and see if my what I feeding is good to go.

Monday- Mazuri mixed in with wheat grass or orchard grass into a "meatball"
Tuesday-Dark greens (collard, turnip, mustard and bok choy mix)
Wednesday- Timothy hay and Orchard grass hay
Thursday- Repcal pellets, ZooMed grassland pellets mixed with orchard grass hay into a "meatball"
Friday- Mazuri mixed with Orchard grass hay
Saturday- Spring Mix
Sunday- Spring mix

Currently growing bermuda and fescue to add into the diet. Any suggestions?
Also greens are sprinkled with calcium w/ D3

Thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Looks okay to me. You could add some spineless opuntia cactus pads. Grape, mulberry and hibiscus leaves. There are a whole host of good weeds. My weeds grow best in the winter when we get rain. I use dandelion, sow thistle, filaree, wild mustard, wild garlic/onion, mallow, hawksbit, and a few others that I can never remember the names of. I prefer real green foods to dry hays and pellets most of the time, but I use Mazuri too. My adults have Bermuda and orchard grass hay available, and they eat it, but I also feed them a lot of fresh grass, weeds and leaves too.

Where are you? How big is your sulcata?

MikeCCD

5 Year Member
I'm located in Raleigh, NC and my tort is about 2.5" (shell) and 60 grams

MVonSluis

5 Year Member
Does anyone know where you can buy Mazuri tortoise food without buying it online? I've checked several pets stores and can't find it anywhere.

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
MVonSluis said:
Does anyone know where you can buy Mazuri tortoise food without buying it online? I've checked several pets stores and can't find it anywhere.

If you have a Feedstore around they can order it or you.

MVonSluis

5 Year Member
Blake m said:
MVonSluis said:

Thanks, I will check on the net, this one pet store sold me on something they said was tortoise chow, it attracted ants so I tossed it out.

jaizei

Unknown Member
10 Year Member!
Earth
MVonSluis said:
Blake m said:
MVonSluis said:

Thanks, I will check on the net, this one pet store sold me on something they said was tortoise chow, it attracted ants so I tossed it out.

http://www.mazuri.com/retailerlocator.aspx

MVonSluis

5 Year Member
jaizei said:
MVonSluis said:
Blake m said:
MVonSluis said:

http://www.mazuri.com/retailerlocator.aspx

Thank you very much :)

Dizisdalife

10 Year Member!
California
MVonSluis said:
Blake m said:
MVonSluis said:

Mazuri might attract ants also. It has molases as an ingredient. I have been told that this is done to hold it together as a pellet and is common in the pet food industry. I feed it to my tortoise and have not had a major problem, but those ants will find any food that is left out.

Status
Not open for further replies.