Sulcata Flashing at 1 Year Old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nobody

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
My 1 year old Sulcata named Secretariat started flashing it's genitals at one year old.In fact,he often does it.Too bad,I never have my camera with me when he does it.I guess that it's a male.Anyway,is this normal?If not,what may be wrong with him?
Thanks.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It goes by size rather than age. How big is your sulcata? They don't start flashing until they get to be 10 or 15lbs. or so.

Also, if this is happening and he's still pretty small, then it might be that he has parasites, or he's having to strain to poop...something like that. Is he well-hydrated?

Nobody

5 Year Member
Philippines
emysemys said:
It goes by size rather than age. How big is your sulcata? They don't start flashing until they get to be 10 or 15lbs. or so.

Also, if this is happening and he's still pretty small, then it might be that he has parasites, or he's having to strain to poop...something like that. Is he well-hydrated?

He is actually 42/3 inches and weighs 400 grams.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
I don't know anything about flashing. Just have to say that naming a tortoise Secretariat is brilliant!

-JM

5 Year Member
If I were to guess, it's 4 and 2/3 inches. 400 grams is pretty small though, so idk...

Status
Not open for further replies.