Sulcata food for Mid MO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SulcataSarah

5 Year Member
I have a juvanile sulcata and live in central Missouri, what kinds of plants that grow localy would be good? or which ones would be good/easy to grow?
I've also been a little curious about what kinds of foods to feed him during the cold times, types of lettuce or vegitables would be good and would work? He hates carrots i've noticed, but he does like pumpkin puree the occasional times i've given it to him but man is it messy lol.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
You can order various sulcata seed mix online.
Alos you can grow various types of grasses, cactus, hisbicius, mulberry tree, roses..

cljohnson

5 Year Member
If I were you I'd move to San Diego everything grows here year round.
Seriously I don't know much about your growing seasons but things I would recommend from the store would be collard, turnip, mustard, dandilion greens,water cress. Chop them up small and mix with any fresh cut grass you can find (as long as you are sure it is chemical free).
Also I don't know what kind of weeds grow in your area but some of my Sullies favorites are Dandelion, Sow's thistle, Milk Thistle, Filaree, Mallow, Wild Mustard, Cat's Ear and Hibiscus flowers and leaves are good if you have access.

Also you can check this website

http://www.thetortoisetable.org.uk/site/tortoise_home_1.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.