Sulcata Grandma here

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USDA Zone 4a+
My 17 year old son and his girlfriend bought a darling little sulcata in about June of this year and fortunately he lives with us so I am very involved in his care and likely will be for at least the first couple years of his life. Because of my penchant for obsessive research and reading I have made it my business to know everything I can about this wonderful little critter to ensure "the kids" give him proper care for his very long life. ( I have threatened to kidnap him if I have any concerns over his care and myself have a lifetime of animal care and rescue behind me)
His name is Odin, he is approximately 7 months old now, and I am head over heels in love with him!002.JPG 004.JPG

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum!

We have some pinned threads at the top of our Sulcata section that would be good for you to read. You're getting in on the ground floor of some very new tortoise-keeping practices. Forget all about what you may have read elsewhere, and read our pinned threads with an open mind.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
Thanks, I have actually been lurking on and off for months, just finally got around to signing up.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
Welcome to the forum. He is adorable. My son's leopard hatchling, that he got for Christmas when he was 16 is how I started this addiction. I did indeed kidnap Mort when Cord moved out. I now have 6. Lol.

Odin's Gma

5 Year Member
USDA Zone 4a+
My husband is very concerned that I will one day be "The crazy Tortoise Lady" because of how much I adore Odin already, and my mother is also quite smitten and has started watching for torties in need of rescue because she wants one now too, but she wants an older one, not a baby.

Jodie

5 Year Member
Spokane Valley WA
My husband is very concerned that I will one day be "The crazy Tortoise Lady" because of how much I adore Odin already, and my mother is also quite smitten and has started watching for torties in need of rescue because she wants one now too, but she wants an older one, not a baby.
Lol. My husband would definitely tell him his concern is well founded. He enjoys them too though.

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ. Torts are a great life . Leopards Rule . Have a great tort day !