Sulcata growth chart (on average)

Mortis_thetortoise

Location (City and/or State)
west central Florida
Just added a few more weight updates and pix to my long standing thread and pretty much weekly updates for the last 2.5 years. Right at about 34 lbs now at 2.5 years.

Here's our Sully out for his lunch snack of fresh dandelion.

View attachment 194560 View attachment 194561

He looks great! Any plants in particular you suggest ? I have a baby I hope shell be 30+ by 2.5 years, hopefully she will be.... its in their DNA haha. I feel majority aren't raised as healthily and properly to be that big so young . There's one that lives a the local reptile shop. She's 9-10yr and 25-30 lbs. not as smooth but not too bad. Good stuff !

kalei01

5 Year Member
Lubbock, TX
Just added a few more weight updates and pix to my long standing thread and pretty much weekly updates for the last 2.5 years. Right at about 34 lbs now at 2.5 years.

Here's our Sully out for his lunch snack of fresh dandelion.

View attachment 194560 View attachment 194561
My tortoise will not eat dandelion flower or greens just sniffs and walks away but eats mazuri like its the best thing since the slice of bread. and eats his spring mix with no issues as well. i do get him to eat grass clippings by shreading it on top

Stuart S.

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Paris, Texas
My tortoise will not eat dandelion flower or greens just sniffs and walks away but eats mazuri like its the best thing since the slice of bread. and eats his spring mix with no issues as well. i do get him to eat grass clippings by shreading it on top

Have you tried mixing up soaked mazuri pellets with greens and dandelions? And steadily reduce the mazuri content so becomes accustomed to the greens solely.