Need help in San Diego with enclosure

DAC8671

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego CA
Hello everyone. I need some physical help with my sulcata enclosure. I live in San Diego and just recently got my Ralph back. He was being fostered while my family was stationed in Virginia. I need someone to come help me winterize his enclosure. My husband is currently deployed, I have some medical issues that won't allow me to 1) drive to get materials, 2) be able to lift the materials and create anything. Sure I can ask neighbors, but I figured someone from this forum knows what exactly is needed and how to do it.

Ralph is about 11 years old and is roughly 60-65 pounds.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out?

PS, I can go with to a store for materials, I just can't drive.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone. I need some physical help with my sulcata enclosure. I live in San Diego and just recently got my Ralph back. He was being fostered while my family was stationed in Virginia. I need someone to come help me winterize his enclosure. My husband is currently deployed, I have some medical issues that won't allow me to 1) drive to get materials, 2) be able to lift the materials and create anything. Sure I can ask neighbors, but I figured someone from this forum knows what exactly is needed and how to do it.

Ralph is about 11 years old and is roughly 60-65 pounds.

Is there anyone who would be willing to help me out?

PS, I can go with to a store for materials, I just can't drive.

I'm not able to come down there to help, but here is an example of what to do and how to do it:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/another-night-box-thread.88966/

This thread is for a 4x8' box, but you'll only need a 4x4 with a 16x26" door. The CAD views show exactly how it all goes together. I thought you might be able to show this to whoever helps you as an example of what needs to be done:
https://tortoiseforum.org/threads/h...g-of-toms-night-box-with-exploded-view.97697/

JennaJenna

San Diego
Hi,
I am a new Tort owner-I have a sulcuta-about 9 months old...anyhow, I live in San Diego and could possibly help out. What area of San Diego do you live in?
Jenna

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I missed this thread first time around. We have quite a few San Diego members. I hope one of them sees this.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can contact her through email if anyone would like to help.

2wgasa

5 Year Member
Carlsbad, CA
Please do. I'm about 20-25 miles North depending on area in SD. I can't make a Tom house yet, but DAC8671 mentioned winterizing existing one, which might be something I'm capable of doing as well as transporting parts. Considering her membership, she knows way more about tortoises than me but I can provide some labor. Hopefully, it's a done deal since we may be at the peak of this "bitter" winter. Only 60 at the moment, but under 50 this evening. Thanks

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've sent her an email letting her know she has a couple offers of help.