Sulcata in Las Vegas

MelhanLV

Location (City and/or State)
North Las Vegas
I have a sulcata tortoise that I would like to rehome. He was given to me as a baby by someone who lived in an apartment and I didn't do any research before agreeing to take him. I also have a much smaller tortoise and a baby that I want to eventually be able to take outside and I'm afraid the sulcata is going to hurt them. He gets along with the other tortoise but tries to mate and is going to crush my smaller one and frankly I just don't have the yard for the sulcata as he gets bigger. He's about 3 years old and between 20-30 lbs. I live in the Las Vegas NV area.

20180920_184317.jpg

JAStort

Albuquerque
Can you tell me what his size is? Length, width, and height? Are you asking for a rehoming fee? If so, how much will it be?

MelhanLV

North Las Vegas
Good.. just wanted to make sure. I'm not asking a re-homing fee. I have a desert tortoise and they get too friendly and he's about 2+ times bigger than the other tortoise and I'm afraid he's going to squash him. I have a hatchling that will eventually go outside also. My desert tortoise is hibernating so everything is fine right now but I've been pretty concerned. I took photos with his measurements and will send them when I figure out how to.

MelhanLV

North Las Vegas
I can't figure it out. He's almost a foot and a half long and about 9 in wide. He weighs about 19 lbs. He's about 4 years old.

JAStort

Albuquerque
Do you live south near Henderson, or up on the north side of town? That could make quite a difference in driving time.

Superstacey

Henderson, NV
I have a sulcata tortoise that I would like to rehome. He was given to me as a baby by someone who lived in an apartment and I didn't do any research before agreeing to take him. I also have a much smaller tortoise and a baby that I want to eventually be able to take outside and I'm afraid the sulcata is going to hurt them. He gets along with the other tortoise but tries to mate and is going to crush my smaller one and frankly I just don't have the yard for the sulcata as he gets bigger. He's about 3 years old and between 20-30 lbs. I live in the Las Vegas NV area.

View attachment 255379
I realize it's like 2 years later lol, but did you find a good home?

Kirsten490

Menifee, ca

View attachment 255379
Is he still available? I live in so cal about 5 hours from Vegas but would be willing to come pick him up! I have a large yard and plenty of grass as well as previous experience with the species.