Sulcata in Paso Robles, CA

tortuga14

Happy New Year to everyone. I had a Sulcata Tortoise for 7 years; He outgrew our yard as well as living in the Northwest did not prove to be what he needed. So we moved him to a Tortoise Rescue in Arroyo Grande, California, and I understand he has since been adopted out to an owner in the Paso Robles area. I also understand the owner has perhaps 3 Sulcatas. Does anyone know of anyone in the Paso Robles, California area that adopted a 90 pound sulcata in September this year? I am hoping to be in touch with them so as to keep in touch and know that my adopted sulcata is doing well. (Can you tell, I miss him?!!) Thank you and again, Happy New Year.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
I'm sorry I don't, and I'm sorry you had to give up your tort. But I have a warm spot for Paso Robles. That is where I got Charlie (a sulcata) as a hatchling over 17 years ago! Maybe the new owner has one of Charlie's hatchmates!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!

I'm afraid you don't understand the world of sulcatas in the adoption area. There are many, many of them that get adopted out, too many for any of us to remember them. I can give you the information of how to contact Bob Thomas of the Turtle and Tortoise Rescue in Arroyo Grande though. He might remember your tortoise and who it went to:

http://turtletortoiserescue.org/

I feel your pain. It's never easy having to give up one of your beloved pets.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hope you locate your tort and find it's gone to a good home.
And Happy New Year.