Sulcata in San Francisco

Status
Not open for further replies.

swimqt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Northern California
Hi everyone! My name is Julie and I live in San Francisco, CA and I will be acquiring a Sulcata in 3-4 months. His current owner is in San Diego but is moving to Hawaii and can't afford to bring him with him. So he will be coming here!

I have a lot of experience with reptiles but never tortoises so I can't wait for this. I'm so glad I found this forum so that I can figure out everything I need to do before he comes!

Oh and his name is Turtle :)

Attachments

• Turtle.jpg
    Turtle.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 74

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
thats a male and he is displaying in that picture. Happy boy.. !HA!
Large dog house with CHE or build a shed and heat it with a stanfield heat pad.
enjoy him! get ready for your yard to be re modeled, and make sure its escape proof!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I wonder what it would cost to ship one that big to hawaii? well welcome to the forum and enjoy your visit.

swimqt

5 Year Member
Northern California
Thanks everyone! He's adorable, I take care of him while I'm down in San Diego and he's hilarious. He displays like that whenever my boyfriend's sister is outside with him...is this normal?? Typical male :p

And not only is it expensive to ship them, Hawaii has extremely tough requirements. They have to leave their 2 dogs on the mainland for the next 6 months while their blood is being tested. Plus I didn't mind at all!

It's so nice to not only find an active tortoise forum but one with enjoyable people to learn from.

LeaCrystal

5 Year Member
Welcome to the forum! Pretty smooth shell... Gorgeous Turtle :D lol

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Welcome to the forum Julie :) Nice pic's it look's like he's doing a pushup he's got to keep in shape you know :D cute name:D Turtle the Tortoise:D

Status
Not open for further replies.