Sulcata in SoCal for adoption

thetedster

Location (City and/or State)
Riverside, CA
I'm looking for a good home for my 3 1/2 year old sulcata, Barney.
Can you help me with how to go about putting my 3 1/2 year old female Sulcata, named Barney up for adoption? I live in Riverside, CA. I want to make sure she goes to a good home and do not want to list her on Craigs List, etc. The Tortoise Forum is the best chance for her to go to a good home. She is healthy and very sweet. I just am not able to care for her the way that she needs. I really appreciate anyone's help on this. Thank you so much.
Lynne

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I moved your thread to adoptions.
Be careful of the newbies that join just to post on free tortois posts. A lot of them are flippers and only want free tortoises so they can then sell them.
Good luck.
Post a pic of her.

thetedster

Riverside, CA
Be careful of the newbies that join just to post on free tortois posts. A lot of them are flippers and only want free tortoises so they can then sell them.
Good luck.
Post a pic of her.
Thank you so much. I'm not sure how to add some photos of her to my post. Can you help me?

thetedster

Riverside, CA
Good luck.
Post a pic of her.
Thank you so much. I'm not sure how to add some photos of her to my post. Can you help me?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Chances are good that Barney is male. You generally can't determine gender until they're bigger than that.

thetedster

Riverside, CA
Chances are good that Barney is male. You generally can't determine gender until they're bigger than that.

Can you help me with how to go about putting my 3 1/2 year old female Sulcata, named Barney up for adoption? I live in Riverside, CA. I want to make sure she goes to a good home and do not want to list her on Craigs List, etc. The Tortoise Forum is the best chance for her to go to a good home. She is healthy and very sweet. I just am not able to care for her the way that she needs. I really appreciate anyone's help on this. Thank you so much.
Lynne
Lynne

JaZZ669

Winchester, CA
Lynne
Hi I am also from Riverside but I cannot take in another tortoise. We do have an Inland Empire Chapter of the California Turtle & Tortoise Club. I am sure they can help you with getting Barney up for adoption to a suitable home. They are actually have an event tomorrow in Redlands if you want to check them out.

thetedster

Riverside, CA
Hi I am also from Riverside but I cannot take in another tortoise. We do have an Inland Empire Chapter of the California Turtle & Tortoise Club. I am sure they can help you with getting Barney up for adoption to a suitable home. They are actually have an event tomorrow in Redlands if you want to check them out.
Wow. Thank you so much for this information. I will check that out. I really appreciate it.

thetedster

Riverside, CA
I'm looking a good home for my 3 1/2 year old sulcata, Barney.
Lynne

Lynne