Sulcata lost in Bellingham WA

Snaileybailey

5 Year Member
I just moved to bellingham, and while I was moving I had let Speck (my tortoise) out in the unenclosed yard. He is about 10ish inches long, and has a deformity on the left back shell section (illustrated in photo). It is by a busy street and I am terrified that he might wander into traffic. He went missing today and now it is too dark to look for him...I am horribly upset at my stupidity; there are blackberry bushes and other yards that he probably just took off for. There are few fences or anything to stop him...I will get flyers out soon and talk to my neighbours, but is there anything else I can do? It gets so cold at night that I am really concerned about how long he will be ok...it gets down to 50 degrees or lower sometimes :/ is there anything I can do/hope?

Thanks for the help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 101

mainey34

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Peoria, Arizona
He will sleep for the night. As soon as the temps and the sun comes up, if it does. He should be up and moving. I would be out looking for him then. Good luck..

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Get the word out in your neighborhood! Make sure people know that this is a beloved pet that is very missed, not a random wild animal! Posters, craigslist, the works!

Good luck!!