Sulcata neck swollen

Sparkleofblue

Location (City and/or State)
California
Hi, so my 3 year old sulcata has a swollen neck or a lump in her neck. Last time the vet saw her she wasn’t concerned cause she was breathing fine but it’s gotten a lot bigger in the last few weeks. I’ll post a picture so you can see what I’m talking about. Not sure what’s going on but I’m one worried mama. 74742A4C-8B67-4155-AFFD-B1B03AFDCC8F.jpeg

California
Does your vet specialize is reptiles? Not just sees them but actually understands them? As a vet tech I would recommend having a good reptile vet lightly sedate the tortoise to take a FNA (fine needle aspirate) of the growth to send to the lab and see what it is on a cellular level. They could also take radiographs, ultrasound the mass or get an MRI done. Obviously the MRI is the most expensive. If it’s growing it will be important to find out what it is and if it needs removed the sooner the better so it doesn’t involve too many vessels near the neck.

peridot

NC
Also, is there swelling only on the neck? Do any of her legs seem swollen?

Sparkleofblue

California
Does your vet specialize is reptiles? Not just sees them but actually understands them? As a vet tech I would recommend having a good reptile vet lightly sedate the tortoise to take a FNA (fine needle aspirate) of the growth to send to the lab and see
Does your vet specialize is reptiles? Not just sees them but actually understands them? As a vet tech I would recommend having a good reptile vet lightly sedate the tortoise to take a FNA (fine needle aspirate) of the growth to send to the lab and see what it is on a cellular level. They could also take radiographs, ultrasound the mass or get an MRI done. Obviously the MRI is the most expensive. If it’s growing it will be important to find out what it is and if it needs removed the sooner the better so it doesn’t involve too many vessels near the neck.
I believe she specializes in reptiles. She’s been super helpful tell this neck thing. I’m waiting on her to call me to see what she thinks we should do. Lavender is still eating but not as much as she use to.