Sulcata Rescue in North Texas "Scales with Tales"

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanjames

10 Year Member!
I have 2 boys of my own, and have decided to dedicate my entire backyard to any Sulcata needing a home. I have run a reptile rescue in the past, and now after getting married etc am ready to pick back up. At this point though, I am only ready for turtles and Tortoises. I prefer to keep only Sulcatas to keep from having to partition off my yard to separate species. I do have an area that could house smaller species ie. Russian or box turtles. So far I have males, but if a female needs help, I am willing to partition for her. I don't want to take any chance of an accidental breeding. These animals are great, but too many have gotten into bad situations or cant get the care they need any more.

So, if anyone needs help, I live in North Texas, and have a backyard oasis for them to retire. Please again, I am not a breeder, not interested in breeding, so don't tell me about your female that needs to be re-homed, but you'd like to get 2000 for her. I am here for the serious needs.

Thanks

Brendan
"Scales with Tales" Rescue

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Brenden:

Welcome to the forum!!

When you say, "I have two boys of my own..." Are you meaning that you have two male sulcatas?

Good luck with your endeavor. Its a worthy one.

brendanjames

10 Year Member!
Haha. Yes, I mean I have 2 males Sulcatas. Animals are my children.

Hi Brenden:

Welcome to the forum!!

When you say, "I have two boys of my own..." Are you meaning that you have two male sulcatas?

Good luck with your endeavor. Its a worthy one.
[/quote]

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
VERY worthy endeavor! Are you keeping what you rescue or re homing?
You will probably need to section off many portions, since they shouldnt be kept together.
How big is your yard and can you post pics!
??
Welcome!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Welcome to the forum.

Now, get in line for the free sulcatas.

brendanjames

10 Year Member!
I would prefer to rehome after vet checks. I'm not an animal hoarder, just doing what I can to keep any from being neglected.

My males live together, so far no problems, although there are no females to get things riled up.

VERY worthy endeavor! Are you keeping what you rescue or re homing?
You will probably need to section off many portions, since they shouldnt be kept together.
How big is your yard and can you post pics!
??
Welcome!
[/quote]

Thanks. Im not here fishing for free animals. Im here to offer any help I can before someone gets desperate.

Welcome to the forum.

Now, get in line for the free sulcatas.
[/quote]

-JM

5 Year Member
I think you're doing a great thing! I know efforts like yours are needed (I live in Texas too, and there are neglected and unwanted sulcatas all over the place. It's sad, because they're wonderful torts). I hope you are successful!

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
No free animal bashing here.. :) I have four sulcatas and didnt pay for one of them.. have only paid for thier food, meds, buildings, heat..etc. etc.. nothing is FREE!
GOod luck and I hope you save all the ones needing saving..

Status
Not open for further replies.