Sulcata Toroise Seed Mix

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmfernandez

5 Year Member
Hi, my name is Kevin and I have two sulcatas, and a leopard tort. I recently purchased some seed mix from sulcatafood.com. I planted them with some organic soil i bought from home depot. The trays i planted them in are the those black one that home depot has the plants the sell(they gave me alot of them). From this point i am lost completely. Can someone please help me. After the grow, how do I feed them to the tortoises. Do i get the grass and leaves off, and place them in a bowl for them to eat. What exactly do i do? Also if someone can give any tips on planting these seeds and dandelions i would greatly appreciated it. What soil do you guys recommend. I'm sorry if i sound dumb, i just have never fed my tortoises like this. If someone can pleas help, that would be awesome!!!!!!!!:)

murdocjunior

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
South, Texas
Well usually when it starts growing u let it get pretty much full grown then let your tortoises eat on top of it as if it was a patch of grass.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Kevin:

I answered this earlier this a.m., but I must've neglected to hit "post reply."

You scrape away the substrate so the bottom of the habitat is showing, then place the seedling tray on the bottom of the habitat, scraping the substrate back up against the sides of the tray so the tray is flush with the substrate. Then the little tortoise just walks in there and grazes at will.

Status
Not open for further replies.