Sulcata Tortoise, Brock Lee

MrsJoLee18

Location (City and/or State)
Peoria AZ
Hey everyone, I am very new to this site as well as owning a Sulcata. I found her a few weeks ago eating my flowers in the front yard. I searched for her owners, and came up with nothing. So we kept her. (not actually sure of the sex..) She had a cute little habitat on the side of the house. We built its up exactly like all the how to forum tell you.. and then she got snatched by a hawk to eventually dropped her. It hurt her shell, but she is since all fixed up and has had many check ups thanks to my amazing grandmother in HB California who knows a ton about turtles and tortoises. She actually cared for Brock Lee these past few weeks so Brock Lee could have a peaceful recovery with other like reptiles, and away from my 4 kids and 3 dogs.

Anyway, Brock Lee is coming home this weekend, and our family is very excited to learn more about her and finish her habitat properly. We live in Arizona, so there are a few obstacles. If anyone has any advice please let me know!

TechnoCheese

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lewisville, Texas
Welcome to the forum!
This tortoise needs to be living inside until it’s 8-11 inches. Be sure to give these a read-
How To Raise A Healthy Sulcata Or Leopard, Version 2.0 https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php...ealthy-Sulcata-Or-Leopard,-Version-2.0.79895/

For Those Who Have a Young Sulcata... https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/For-Those-Who-Have-a-Young-Sulcata....76744/

Beginner Mistakes https://tortoiseforum.org/index.php?threads/Beginner-Mistakes.45180/

We would love to see pictures of the tortoise and enclosure :)

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Welcome those hawks can be a pest. When Opo was small I was always outside with Opo. The hawks would be overhead circling for a chance. Actually once I got distracted and left the door open. Opo got out and we lost Opo for 3 days. My neighbor found Opo in their rabbit pen. There was no way for Opo to get in the pen. There were 2 marks on the top shell and 1 on the bottom. I am sure Opo got picked up by a hawk and dropped in the pen. Your little buddy definitely needs to be raised inside and watched when outside.

TortoiseRacket

New York
Wow! One of my Russian tortoise’s scutes has a bad scar from what we believe was a drop from an eagle back in Asia. I’m glad he recovered!
-Mickey

MrsJoLee18

Peoria AZ
Thank you so much for all your replies! Pics will come soon as we see her again. I got a new phone so I do not have the pictures of her attack, but when she/he comes home I will post them! For now we are going to keep Brock Lee inside with outside supervision once it gets warmer.