Sulcata tortoise enclousure

Zaimar

Location (City and/or State)
El Paso Tx
Hello, new here, I recently bought 2 baby sulcatas and im been doing my research on how to buikd them the perfect enclosure but ive found some contradictions on UV lights and heat lamps. So do I need one or not or what kind? Thanks

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Zaimar

El Paso Tx
Thank you so much!! It was really helpful, im glad to know I did set up their enclosure the right way... One more question.. Why shouldn't I keep them together?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello, new here, I recently bought 2 baby sulcatas and im been doing my research on how to buikd them the perfect enclosure but ive found some contradictions on UV lights and heat lamps. So do I need one or not or what kind? Thanks
Hello and welcome.

The world is full of bad tortoise info. Nearly every source is going to tell you all the wrong stuff. Please read the link that Mark left for you. That has all the current and correct care info to give your babies the best chance of survival.

Tortoises should never be kept in pairs. They are not social and having another tortoise in the territory is stressful for both. Pairs are just too personal. Groups of 3 or more can sometimes work, but not pairs. This is just one more example of someone giving you bad advice.

All your questions are welcome. The more you question all of this, the more you will learn and the better off your tortoises will be.