Sulcata Tortoise hatchling diet

SulcataPapa

Location (City and/or State)
Palm Springs
Hi all ?‍♂️,
Quick question about my 2 month old hatchlings. They seem to not want grass or hay too much. I currently have 2 species of grass and pet store Timothy hay available for them but they are currently only interested in greens, lettuce raddichio and seem to love cucumbers. I put soaked mazuri pellets in with them about every other day but they are obsessed with their salads. Is this ok/expected for hatchlings? I feed them once a day currently.
Also, question 2. I have never seen either of them use their water it’s in a black container the size of your palm. Is this too small? Can’t see it? Or normal behavior.

SonyaBlaze

Phoenix, AZ
Hi all ?‍♂️,
Quick question about my 2 month old hatchlings. They seem to not want grass or hay too much. I currently have 2 species of grass and pet store Timothy hay available for them but they are currently only interested in greens, lettuce raddichio and seem to love cucumbers. I put soaked mazuri pellets in with them about every other day but they are obsessed with their salads. Is this ok/expected for hatchlings? I feed them once a day currently.
Also, question 2. I have never seen either of them use their water it’s in a black container the size of your palm. Is this too small? Can’t see it? Or normal behavior.

SonyaBlaze

Phoenix, AZ
I also am having the same issues will my little one. Have you found a solution?

I plan to visit a plant nursery today to look into other safe options and purchase a bigger water container.