sulcata tortoise translucent spots in the middle of the scutes HELP PLS!

Angel123

Location (City and/or State)
California,Ontario
Hello everyone i have had my sulculta tortoise for about a year or close to one and have recently noticed and unusual amount of translucent areas on her shell in the very center . It is very odd to me because she doesn’t seem to be sick or anything as she’s always moving around and digging. Any help would be useful as i could not find anything online thank you .

Attachments

• CD70935A-791D-49F3-9F1B-4B67E5971C85.jpeg
    CD70935A-791D-49F3-9F1B-4B67E5971C85.jpeg
    1,013.7 KB · Views: 11

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello everyone i have had my sulculta tortoise for about a year or close to one and have recently noticed and unusual amount of translucent areas on her shell in the very center . It is very odd to me because she doesn’t seem to be sick or anything as she’s always moving around and digging. Any help would be useful as i could not find anything online thank you .
I don't see anything out of the ordinary in your picture.

Angel123

California,Ontario
Hey Tom i was referring to the clearer spots on the scute
Hey Tom did you see the clear spots on the scute are you saying that is a normal process for them ?or did you not see It in the image i could post another thank you again .

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hey Tom i was referring to the clearer spots on the scute

Hey Tom did you see the clear spots on the scute are you saying that is a normal process for them ?or did you not see It in the image i could post another thank you again .
I don't see any clear spots or anything that looks unusual in any way even when zoomed in. Looks like a normal healthy carapace.

Angel123

California,Ontario
I don't see any clear spots or anything that looks unusual in any way even when zoomed in. Looks like a normal healthy carapace.
So the circled areas are completely normal then

Attachments

• 87235827-485C-4CE5-A219-ED76C87E4A11.jpeg
    87235827-485C-4CE5-A219-ED76C87E4A11.jpeg
    215.5 KB · Views: 5