Sulcata water features, help please

queen koopa

Location (City and/or State)
Las Vegas Nevada
Hey guys, finally have to go larger water for my sulcata. Her water is a cut stock tank, she can barely turn around in it now. Any pics or advice appreciated. A while back I looked at a members post who had their Sulcata with a nice Conex shelter and a water basin thing with a cover. Thought I screen shotted it but can’t find it. Hopefully they will find this post ?
Our weather is well over 100 degrees for at least 3 months so top shade is necessary.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Not exactly sure what you are asking & looking to find. Are you looking for a large outdoor soaking tub for your Sully? Kiddie pools work as do larger plastic cement mixing troughs.

WalMart has these - https://www.target.com/p/tuff-stuff...ed-plastic-heavy-duty-bowl-black/-/A-79575667

Lowes has these - https://www.lowes.com/pd/Creative-P...x-36-in-L-x-8-in-D-Drywall-Mud-Pan/1000642569
Sorry, could have been more clear. More on the permanent side in the outdoor enclosure. Like concrete basin... shallow pond...she sits in her water for 3-4 hrs at a time starting the end of June. I’ve done some more looking online. I think I’ve got some ideas to start. Wanted to check here right quick.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
This what I have for Walker. Picture 002.jpg It's just a wood frame with shower pan liner stapled to it. It measures 54 x 33 inches. to clean I lift one side and dump the water, rinse out and refill. For drinking water I have 2 bowls like thisPicture 005.jpg He has never turned them over. He can walk over them without touching them unless he decides to put a foot in it.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
O
This what I have for Walker. View attachment 300045 It's just a wood frame with shower pan liner stapled to it. It measures 54 x 33 inches. to clean I lift one side and dump the water, rinse out and refill. For drinking water I have 2 bowls like thisView attachment 300046 He has never turned them over. He can walk over them without touching them unless he decides to put a foot in it.
oh nice, have his spurs ever ruptured the liner?

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
No, It's very thick. I don't remember when I built this but it was many years ago. He's nearing 150 pounds and the liner is holding up fine but the wood is slowly rotting away.
Wow I thought I couldn’t use something like that because she does some digging when she’s in her water.... thank you. I may consider this too.