Sulcata weird movements?

Prenchpries

Location (City and/or State)
Metro Manila, Philippines
Hello. Today I soaked my sulcata as I do everyday. Then it started doing this weird dance in a circular motion. I kind of panicked because I thought it was a seizure. But my other guesses as to why it did this are either:
1. Our dog went near it and it got scared?
2. The water might have been too warm.
3. Seizure
4. He smelled his food in the bowl nearby and wanted to get to it??

Re #2: water temp — I’ve had my sulcata in warmer water temps and it’s never done this. So I don’t think it was too hot.

Anyway he did it for about 30 seconds then I rly panicked. Tried to give him some food (by hand) then he chilled the f down.

What do you guys think?

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Do you mean he was wiggling his hips around back and forth? Or was he actually making circles and turning around?

Alot of torts shake their bottoms when you spray water at them, or if you lightly scratch their shells at the back end.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
If he does it again take a quick video.
I'm thinking the same as Karen, was it more like swinging his butt side to side or like a dog chasing its tail but at a much slower pace?

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
My tort stands and makes a circular movement with one of his front legs when he he is flashing his penis which isn't a pretty sight! ?
If your tort is old enough (about 5-6 years give or take) and you see something that looks like an alien trying to escape from his tail then you have a male!!