Sulcata winter diet??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Well I've been having trouble getting the boys to eat the right foods...they are refusing to eat, collards and all the other good stuff..

This is what's get put in each enclosure daily...Romaine ,collards,Mustard greens,dandelion greens, bok Choy,squash,carrots, Mazuri and cactus pads..

Now what they eat when they go through it...Romaine 2 lg heads, two lg cactus pads, two carrots,small zucchini squash...and about two to three cups of Mazuri..they get supplemented once a week with miner all, centrum vitamin and cuttlebone ...

They also ingest some hay that sticks...to the Veggies..

My male sulcatas are between 52-65lbs..and are in for the winter..

Thoughts??

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Their diet sounds good to me, When I have to bring Walker in, his diet is mainly mazuri, cactus pads and fruit, banana tree trunks and leaves, the tree trunks have a high moisture content which helps to keep him hydrated since it is almost impossible to have water accessible to him without a big mess. He does get some other foods such as collards and other store bought veggies,but at a lesser scale than the trees, mazuri and cactus. Len

Tony the tank

5 Year Member
Laura said:
try to get them to eat more of the hay. limit the other stuff.

Well they have hay 24/7..tiny eats it..I see it in his poop...But Tony wants nothing to do with Hay..

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I have a bale of orchard grass hay that I use to line the inside of my dog's house instead of blankets. If Dudley's "pickins' " get too sparce I may toss him some of that hay. But he never eats it.

Status
Not open for further replies.