Sulcata with abnormal urination?? Looking for any advice

Thessle

Location (City and/or State)
Maine
Thanks guys for your help….and Maro2bone looking back I see your post ….sorry I somehow missed it the first time around. I feel I need to apologize to all on this forum for my hasty and unnecessarily harsh posts from earlier.
I was under a lot of stress and wasn’t having a good day even though that is no excuse. You are really an extraordinary bunch of people with kind hearts and good advice.
I will continue working on my tortoise raising skills and add some extra effort to my people skills as well.
‘Sorry again and thank you all!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Thanks guys for your help….and Maro2bone looking back I see your post ….sorry I somehow missed it the first time around. I feel I need to apologize to all on this forum for my hasty and unnecessarily harsh posts from earlier.
I was under a lot of stress and wasn’t having a good day even though that is no excuse. You are really an extraordinary bunch of people with kind hearts and good advice.
I will continue working on my tortoise raising skills and add some extra effort to my people skills as well.
‘Sorry again and thank you all!!
God forgives you.

And your tortoise is pyramiding severely. A humid hide box in an otherwise open topped dry enclosure is simply not enough, and the carapace on your tortoise shows that. This is not meant to insult you. It is meant to inform you so that you can adjust and prevent further damage. A large closed chamber is what is needed.

I didn't see your post from your "not having a good day" until today. If I had, I would have given you the benefit of the doubt. I didn't answer the rate portion of your question because Mark already had, and did a fine job of it. I see now that you missed his post.

All is well now. We just want to help. I'm glad that you re-thought the matter and are sticking around. That will benefit your tortoise, and hopefully you too in the process. Here is more helpful info: