Sulcatas for adoption

Rex1718

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
SC
I recently took my oldest daughter to Bee City, in Cottageville SC. It’s a big petting zoo more or less. Anyway they have a reptile room, and take in a lot of rescues.
After noticing 5 sulcatas and a leopard tortoise in a small kiddie pool, I got to talking with the guy that runs the reptile room. He said they had a lot of rescues dropped off and were hoping the homes for them. They ranged in size from about 8 inches to around 20 inches or so.
I’m not equipped to take on another sulcata, but I thought maybe someone on here in the SC area might want to check it out.
I do believe the zoo means well, just using out dated information on tortoise keeping.
I know it’s a long shot, but maybe someone reading this can help some of the tortoises find good homes

Alex1212

Minnesota
I recently took my oldest daughter to Bee City, in Cottageville SC. It’s a big petting zoo more or less. Anyway they have a reptile room, and take in a lot of rescues.
After noticing 5 sulcatas and a leopard tortoise in a small kiddie pool, I got to talking with the guy that runs the reptile room. He said they had a lot of rescues dropped off and were hoping the homes for them. They ranged in size from about 8 inches to around 20 inches or so.
I’m not equipped to take on another sulcata, but I thought maybe someone on here in the SC area might want to check it out.
I do believe the zoo means well, just using out dated information on tortoise keeping.
I know it’s a long shot, but maybe someone reading this can help some of the tortoises find good homes

Do you know if they are still needs homes? Feel free to email me @ [email protected] thanks!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Do you know if they are still needs homes? Feel free to email me @ [email protected] thanks!
I'm just curious about what sort of housing facilities you have to accommodate a bunch of giant tropical reptiles that need huge enclosures and warm temps year round in MN?

Billna the 2

Smoaks sc
Let me know what they say. I'm in Wilmington NC and could make the drive if they need a rescue.
The lady told me that they don’t have any and that they don’t give or something like that, maybe the lady was lying to me ? .
Maybe I got hold to the wrong person

Kim's petunia

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palmbay FL
I did call, they are not up for adoption. They told me. They were new and in quarantine before they got released in a pen the rest of your tortoises

Rex1718

5 Year Member
SC
I did call, they are not up for adoption. They told me. They were new and in quarantine before they got released in a pen the rest of your tortoises
Sorry for any confusion. I may have caught the man off guard asking why they were all in the kiddie pool. I feel like he fed me a line of bull now.
sorry to waste y’alls time

Hartwell
I live in hartwell Georgia interested

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Sorry for any confusion. I may have caught the man off guard asking why they were all in the kiddie pool. I feel like he fed me a line of bull now.
sorry to waste y’alls time
Oh I don't think its your fault since a kiddie pool is not on anyone's quarantine enclosure list! :D