Sulcatas have had Diarrhea for 2 weeks or more

Tank & Scooter

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles
Should I be worried, 2 of my sulcatas have had diarrhea for 2 weeks or more now. It comes out like pudding and not sure if its pee or poop but a black liquid come out. Looks like black water.

I noticed their poop went soft when i started spraying there food more and giving food with a lot of water. Like cactus and cucumber. It was super hot so I wanted to make sure they hydrated. But their poop still soft and not solid like before

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Should I be worried, 2 of my sulcatas have had diarrhea for 2 weeks or more now. It comes out like pudding and not sure if its pee or poop but a black liquid come out. Looks like black water.

I noticed their poop went soft when i started spraying there food more and giving food with a lot of water. Like cactus and cucumber. It was super hot so I wanted to make sure they hydrated. But their poop still soft and not solid like before
I have pics if necessary. Didnt wanna just expose people to nasty pics straight off

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Sometimes if you add more fiber to the diet the poop firms up. Try feeding some orchard grass hay. Go to a feed store and ask if you can buy a small bag of grass from around the grass hay stack.

Tank & Scooter

Los Angeles
Sometimes if you add more fiber to the diet the poop firms up. Try feeding some orchard grass hay. Go to a feed store and ask if you can buy a small bag of grass from around the grass hay stack.
Ya that was exactly the problem. I fed more hibiscus leaves and grasses and it cleared up almost overnight. Thank you [emoji106]