Sulcatta Tort up for adoption in Michigan

Gandalf

Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I have a Sulcatta tortoise that will be 4 years old in September. I think 'she' is a female. I'm looking to rehome her, have someone adopt her, etc. I live in south east lower Michigan. I will include pics soon and will gladly answer any questions you have.

Warren

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Balto. MD
I have a Sulcatta tortoise that will be 4 years old in September. I think 'she' is a female. I'm looking to rehome her, have someone adopt her, etc. I live in south east lower Michigan. I will include pics soon and will gladly answer any questions you have.
Sorry to hear that your giving up your Tortoise, just make sure that the person you give it to will take good care of it. There will be people that look for free Tortoises and just flip them on line for profit. Do a good background check on whoever you let adopt your Tortoise. I'm sure you will fine someone, just be careful!

Gandalf

Michigan
Sorry to hear that your giving up your Tortoise, just make sure that the person you give it to will take good care of it. There will be people that look for free Tortoises and just flip them on line for profit. Do a good background check on whoever you let adopt your Tortoise. I'm sure you will fine someone, just be careful!

Thank you for the tip. I wasn't aware that tortoise 'flipping' was a thing, but now that I think about it, I can see it. I certainly plan to assess if the person has ever had one, or experience with them so she goes to a good home.
I will be vigilant for tortoise flippers too.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Thank you for the tip. I wasn't aware that tortoise 'flipping' was a thing, but now that I think about it, I can see it. I certainly plan to assess if the person has ever had one, or experience with them so she goes to a good home.
I will be vigilant for tortoise flippers too.
Yep. You have to be vigilant in this day & age. Always good to vet the prospective new owner.

emfekete12

Wakeman, Ohio
I am looking to adopt a Sulcata! I already have an indoor and outdoor enclosure prepared (some adjustments might need to be made depending on how big she is). I am in Northern Ohio and willing to drive to you and pay a rehoming fee if necessary. I would rather adopt one who needs a home than purchase from a breeder. Please let me know if you still have her!

Gandalf

Michigan
I am looking to adopt a Sulcata! I already have an indoor and outdoor enclosure prepared (some adjustments might need to be made depending on how big she is). I am in Northern Ohio and willing to drive to you and pay a rehoming fee if necessary. I would rather adopt one who needs a home than purchase from a breeder. Please let me know if you still have her!
Hi. Thanks for reaching out. I sent you a DM to discuss.