Sully the sulcata

Tortoiseguy804

Today is my birthday!
Location (City and/or State)
South chesterfield Virginia
Hello every body! :)

So I have decided to start this thread about my baby sulcata tortoise named sully, I got sully on June 10th.

I did a lot of research on what I thought was good information, so I went out and bought everything I thought I needed and I set it up

I got a cement mixing tub, cypress mulch and organic top soil, I bought a red heat lamp and coil uvb, a repti ramp water dish and a hollow log type hide thing, and some collard greens

Then I was doing more research while at work and stumbled upon this forum and have learned so much from Tom and every other wonderful person here

I have changed his diet to a mix of collard greens spring mix and grass from my front yard and I am also going to dust with calcium twice a week and I have decided to ditch the uvb for now because he doesnt seem to like it and it's warm outside so I will take him outside as much as possible and I have changed to a CHE

I also soak him every day for 45 minutes to an hour and I keep him habitat moist

I am going to build him a closed chamber in a week hopefully I wish i could do it sooner but I have work and I really hope he will be okay until then

IMG_20200610_193631.jpgSnapchat-279551084.jpgIMG_2605.jpg

iAmCentrochelys sulcata

Alief
Make sure to get rid of that’s Red Heat Bulb. I’ll be better to go with a Tote for a closed chamber.
Good luck! I’ll

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA

Tortoiseguy804

Today is my birthday!
Hi there, Ceramic Heat Emitters only warm up & put off heat. They don’t emit any light, so you will need to provide a basking bulb in your enclosure too.

Make sure to read Tom’s great care sheet. There’s an entire section devoted to Heating & Lighting.

✅ - https://www.tortoiseforum.org/threa...se-a-sulcata-leopard-or-star-tortoise.181497/
Hi thank you I sent Tom a message a couple days ago and he has been helping me a lot

Is there a specific bulb i should get?

Tortoiseguy804

Today is my birthday!
Here some pictures of sully chowing down right now and his soak earlier

Also i picked out the carrots I just wanted to get pics cause he was chomping quick

Attachments

• 20200619_235714.jpg
    20200619_235714.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • 20200619_235712.jpg
    20200619_235712.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 18
  • Snapchat-1056909585.jpg
    Snapchat-1056909585.jpg
    1,013.5 KB · Views: 18
  • Snapchat-587444489.jpg
    Snapchat-587444489.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 18

Tortoiseguy804

Today is my birthday!
Hey guys sorry I haven't updated this in a while but sully is doing well he was 80 grams when I weighed him last night and his shell is starting to look beautiful, ill post some pictures when I get home

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
Sully got 2 new friends today from @Tom There's names are jimi and slash
Where are Jimi and Slash from?
Please keep them separated from Sully for now. It's good practice to quarantine all new tortoises, but it's especially important with hatchling sulcatas right now. If by some chance your new babies are carrying anything related to the yellow bumps we've been seeing, we don't want to risk Sully getting it.