Sun

Status
Not open for further replies.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
Does sun effect the torts eating?? It's 30degrees here today and I've barely seen my torts eat, if not at all :( shall I change there feeding time?? If so, when's best? I feed at 10am but its now getting to 20+ at this time!!

I know they hid for the majority of the day if it's hot lol :)

Joesmum, where are you for reassurance!!! :D lol

sportychick

5 Year Member
Haha haven't seen joesmum for awhile. Since before I asked about leaving my tort for 2 days....
Anyways yea I think when its.to hot they won't eat.. try 8-9am
I do a dial every other day now so I into after a soak and I feed in the.morning he eats a lot he is cooler :)

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
Haha haven't seen joesmum for awhile. Since before I asked about leaving my tort for 2 days....
Anyways yea I think when its.to hot they won't eat.. try 8-9am
I do a dial every other day now so I into after a soak and I feed in the.morning he eats a lot he is cooler :)

Completely lost on that last sentence!! Lol 8am may still be to hot, I'm thinking like 6/7am lol

sportychick

5 Year Member
Oh hahaha on cell so auto correct decided to change my word...
I do a soak every other day :D
Yeah u can.feed that early also. Here its only about +6 to +13 when we wake.

Niki

5 Year Member
My tort eats late morning... After she has basked for awhile and warmed up a bit. I know if it's too cold they will not eat.

yoda3106

5 Year Member
sportychick said:
Oh hahaha on cell so auto correct decided to change my word...
I do a soak every other day :D
Yeah u can.feed that early also. Here its only about +6 to +13 when we wake.

Henry and hetty are now both out as I write :) its cooling down so I'm guessing this is there normal time to come out :) between 4 and 5!! I learn something new about them everyday ha going to keep an eye on this now, when the thermometer hits a certain mark I'm going to watch to see if they come out? They have done the last 2 days lol I've just put food in to and I guess they ate cause the bowls empty now haha

Niki said:
My tort eats late morning... After she has basked for awhile and warmed up a bit. I know if it's too cold they will not eat.

I've noticed they leave it late now to eat lol about 4pm then bask then sleep!! Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.