Sunshine Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

LParkey

5 Year Member
Ok, so as some of you may remember I have a sully that had stopped eating and want up to normal size for her age (extremely small, actually). Since starting Mazuri about 2 months ago she is back to eating like a PIG! The concern I have is that between 1/24 and 2/22 she has gained 33 grams! Is this too much weight to be gaining in just under a month? I have been keeping an eye on her shell and I can tell she is growing, her pyramiding is reversing and getting better. Souls I be concerned about this much weight gain so quickly, or is all well?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It's only my opinion, and its just my opinion, she's making up for lost time. I wouldn't worry about it.

Jacob

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California
Getting read for spring and summer :)
Usually there appetite will increase.

LParkey

5 Year Member
Okay this is SERIOUSLY freaking me out! In the past week this has happened to the bottom of her shell, and it's SOFT! I'm talking about the new pink growth. I just know this can't be right. Should I stop the Mazuri for a while? She is under proper heat/uvb. Someone PLEASE tell me what to do, I'm FREAKING!
IMAG0850.jpg

ShouldI cut back her food intake? She's eating at LEAST a cup and a half, if not 2 cops a day.

And shr gets at least 30 min outside in the true sun a week. More if weather allows

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.