Super Angry !- Adoption Failed :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
hello Guys
i dont know if you guys remember but there was a huge thread about adopting an sully here in South Florida boca raton,he claimed he has no space and room for her- and dont have a clue about sullies.
anyway the tread was made in the end of April- many of you replayed but most of the time there was never an answer of the autor who placed the add.
anyway 2 month ago he pm me and told me he keeps me in mind, but he has to think about it....
then again 1 month later he contacted me, and told me he want me to take ( the sullie ) in. so i told him i can provide it with a nice good home where it can roam the whole yard and get good food...
so we went back and forth- of course he never really answers his emails takes always almost one week.- yesterday he called and said he want to bring her /he today over at 7:30 am so i got up at 7 am ( what is a great deal for me- since i turn around at that time to sleep lil longer ;)
i told him ok... so i buildet an enclosure for her ( until i know she is fine ) then she can have the whole yard.
so this morning at 7:40 am he calls and tells me - he is not coming... he has drama with his kids...
are you kidding me ?? i build the place i wake up ... and now this ??? after like 2 month going back and forth >>>
he dosnt even have the room, he told me the turtle is about 12 inches long... so where is he keeping it ? in a plastic pool??
Poor Turtle i really wanted to give her the live she deserves to have/.. now she is stuck somewhere with no room :(
some ppl dont think about the animal just about them selfs
i even said it would be ok if he comes sometimes to visit the tort....
shame on him ...
i'm so pissed
why didnt he called me then yesterday- so that i wouldnt build anything... and i would have slept longer ;)

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif
Sorry to hear this happened. Sounds like she would definately have a better life if you had her.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Look at it this way. You now have the temp enclosure done for the next tortoise:)
Sorry he did blow you off though. Maybe he's having some really ruff times right now, you never know.
Just a heads up, we like them to be called tortoise, not turtle, unless of course it is a turtle:D. Just a pet peeve of many on here:D

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Nope...right now he wants to keep it .i guess, weird since he said first he don't want to take care of it.

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Hi Sandra:

I've been taking in turtles and tortoises for a very long time...years in fact. Some people are very attached to their animals. I have seen many, many tears streaming down faces at having to give up their "family members." They take pictures...they linger...they call for updates on the animal...It's very, very hard to give their animals up.

I have had similar experiences too. Appointments made then cancelled, or just not show up at all.

I know this hurts because you were ready to take in this animal and love it, but you just have to chalk it up to experience and hope, when they finally decide to do what's right for the tortoise, they remember you.

Greg T

10 Year Member!
League City, TX
If he contacts you again and asks for money then stop communicating with him. Some scams work this way. He gets you interested and then pulls the deal, but comes back with some sob story about needing money now in hopes of you being so emotional that you cave in and pay him something.

Keep looking because there are lots of sullies that need a good home. Double check the shelters in your area and look on petfinder.com.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I looked back at the adoption section, and if its the one I found, it was only back in July. And if that sulcata owner is a member here, which this one is, then I would be careful in saying anything bad on the Forum because who's to say she doesn't come on and read the threads. You don't want to hurt your chances to get the tortoise because you said something you might regret.

SANDRA_MEISSNEST

5 Year Member
Yes yvonne,
And i understand when ppl are so attached about an animal,but when u think about it,it was not even his what he raised,he had it just for a month or so...
But anyway its his call,i cant to nothing more.
I will keep u posted if i hear something.
Thanks for all ur support

Sent from my ZTE N9120 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.