SUPER BOWL WHAT YOU DOING?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Just thought I'd start a thread where everyone could say who they are cheering for and what special things they might do for Super Bowl.
I'll start. I hate football, don't know whose in the Super Bowl this year LOL. We kinda watch it off and on. However, we do get lots of good food to eat and I like watching the commercials. Hey, anything to celebrate with over eating good munchies:p :D
Next

Tortus

5 Year Member
Maryland
I have to work that night. But hopefully Baltimore will win. The city where I was born.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
It's the Baltimore Colts? and 49ers right?

Oops, I put this thread in the wrong place. Should have been in the off topic chit chat. Sorry. Would a mod move it please. :shy: So very sorry.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
I like the superbowl for the commercials, the company, and the annual betting pool :) I'll be making delicious ribs in my slow-cooker with my secret recipe ;-) mmmmm Can't wait!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Pokeymeg said:
I like the superbowl for the commercials, the company, and the annual betting pool :) I'll be making delicious ribs in my slow-cooker with my secret recipe ;-) mmmmm Can't wait!

You should share your secret with is. We won't tell anyone:D

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wellington, Baltimore is now the Ravens. The Colts are now in Indianapolis. The Forty-Niners will never leave San Fransico.

And they will have a sixth Super Bowl ring on they're finger!

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Cowboy_Ken said:
Wellington, Baltimore is now the Ravens. The Colts are now in Indianapolis. The Forty-Niners will never leave San Fransico.

And they will have a sixth Super Bowl ring on they're finger!

Apparently we want the 49ers because someone is a murderer. :)
I always do a bunch of different appetizers. I buy a bunch of desserts and sick fake super bowl rings in them. I should have about 30 friends here and I will have the theater screen playing it and have it out in the living room too. I am so excited!!!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
They change so much. I used to love hockey. now i hardly know some of the teams. baseball too. i dont like change much:D Kerryann and I don't have to worry much about cheering for our home teams. The Bears and Lions in the Super Bowl LOL. I would love to see that some day though. Of course we all know the Bears would kick the Lions arse:p :D

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
wellington said:
They change so much. I used to love hockey. now i hardly know some of the teams. baseball too. i dont like change much:D Kerryann and I don't have to worry much about cheering for our home teams. The Bears and Lions in the Super Bowl LOL. I would love to see that some day though. Of course we all know the Bears would kick the Lions arse:p :D

The lions kick their own tuckuses.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Kerryann said:
Apparently we want the 49ers because someone is a murderer. :)
I always do a bunch of different appetizers. I buy a bunch of desserts and sick fake super bowl rings in them. I should have about 30 friends here and I will have the theater screen playing it and have it out in the living room too. I am so excited!!!

Murderer? Do tell?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I am a life long Redskins Fan, I've seen them play home games in 3 different stadiums,When Baltimore were the Colts all the home games didn't start until 2 pm instead of 1 pm because of the Blue Laws that were in effect at that time,and when the Redskins played in Baltimore the games didn't sell out so were not shown on TV. So didn't follow them much, but when they came back as the Ravens and are in the AFC I have been following both teams, Also the Ravens wide receiver Torrey Smith is from our small town here at the Beach,and is one of the good guys from a good family. So GO RAVENS, will most likely be eating crab cakes and steamed shrimp.--I do the same thing with the Nats and Orioles--now that baseball has come back to DC.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
I can't generalize about athletes. They are a sector of society that gets microscoped.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
wellington said:
jaizei said:

They always get away with it. Athletes shouldn't be looked upon as royalty like they are. Heck, do any of them have any morales?

It happened in Miami years ago and he was cleared of all charges. In fact I am not sure he was ever actually charged with anything, just in the wrong place at the wrong time, maybe.

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Wait… there's a huge difference between convicted, charged, and someone suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.