Supplementary feeding Vitamins Mazuri UK relevant

Greenfingers

Location (City and/or State)
Halifax, West Yorkshire. UK.
I’m looking to improve my Horsefield’s dietary intake. Currently I feed a mix of weeds, grasses and plants which is topped up with supermarket greens over the winter period. I sprinkle calcium 2-3 times weekly. Our tortoise is 2.5yr old.
So my question is, UK relevant, what vitamins do people use and how frequent do you add them to diet in the Uk?
Also I’ve heard people talk about ‘Mazuri’ 1-2times weekly though I’m not sure it’s available under this name in the Uk. Is there a comparable that is readily available in uK?
thanks

Suey

England
Hi yes I’m in the uk, I use nutrabal vitamins twice a week , I don’t use more often as twice a week they get nutrazu which is what mazuri is called here. Hope this helps.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I am NOT in the UK, but I have kept turtles and tortoises for about 17-18 years. I operate a small special needs turtle and tortoise rescue, I have never fed vitamins. I make sure I feed every species the stuff they would normally eat. I feed as wide as a variety diet as is possible, so they get all the vitamins and supplements they need...from their food. Novel idea...I guess

Greenfingers

Halifax, West Yorkshire. UK.
Thanks Maggie, I appreciate your reply. I haven’t given vitamin supplements or pellets previously but feel with our cold and wet prolonged winters, there’s limited scope to promote anything close to a natural environment outdoors, even briefly. Even the dandelions don’t grow in the North of England. I’ve bought plants from Bioactive Herps which are fab but I did wonder what other folks did to optimise tortoise diet. I believe our tortoise has a degree of MBD, she’s never used her back legs like she should, though it doesn’t stop her. Intermittently she’ll use them but not with any strength, she never lifts her plastron up at the rear (fine at front) and if she were human I’d say she had muscle wastage as a result. I do believe her set up is optimised other than the size needs increasing now, currently 3x2ft which will be done over the next few months as I’m having a house extension in March. I’ve changed her UVB to strip recent months from old MVB following advice on here. Her new shell growth looks good since we acquired her but I’ve not been able to get her back on all 4’s. Anyway, going off topic ?

Suey

England
Hi I get from Amazon or eBay , I usually try to stock up for winter months as I think they sell a lot in winter, that’s the nutrazu don’t think you will have any problems with the nutrabal.