Surrendering 6-year-old Sulcata in Southern California!

JBohrod

Location (City and/or State)
Yucca Valley, California
Hi everyone! I have raised my 6-year-old male Sulcata since he was a hatchling, but life circumstances are now making it untenable for me to keep him. He is about 14 inches long, 9 inches wide, and weighs probably only about 8 pounds. He is in great health, raised on a grass and hay diet mostly. I am looking for someone preferably in Southern California who has some experience with Sulcatas. I'd like him to have a good home, outside. I am willing to deliver if you live in Southern California, and can bring what supplies I do have. Reach out if you have any interest!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi everyone! I have raised my 6-year-old male Sulcata since he was a hatchling, but life circumstances are now making it untenable for me to keep him. He is about 14 inches long, 9 inches wide, and weighs probably only about 8 pounds. He is in great health, raised on a grass and hay diet mostly. I am looking for someone preferably in Southern California who has some experience with Sulcatas. I'd like him to have a good home, outside. I am willing to deliver if you live in Southern California, and can bring what supplies I do have. Reach out if you have any interest!
Sorry to hear that. If you post pictures, it might generate more interest. Does he have a heated night shelter?

JBohrod

Yucca Valley, California
Sorry to hear that. If you post pictures, it might generate more interest. Does he have a heated night shelter?
Oh gosh yes a picture! I forgot about the picture! Will add soon. Yes he has a heated night shelter within his outside enclosure, with the appropriate lamps and also a heating pad. He is outgrowing his space though, and other factors are prohibiting me from keeping him much longer :(

Weird, I just tried uploading a picture but it only allows links?

Last edited:

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Weird, I just tried uploading a picture but it only allows links?
I just noticed that we are in the adoptions thread. For some reason the forum doesn't let you post pics in this section.

You posted in the right section here, but maybe post again in general discussion so you can post pics too.

I'll keep an eye out for anyone looking for a new sulcata.