Suspicion of a scammer

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
we can not do anything about a member that is suspicious of being a scammer without real proof that they indeed throughout the tortoise world is known to have scammed people.
The best thing to do is too warn the OP's of the threads the suspected scammer is posting on. It's the duty of the seller/adoptee/buyer to do their homework.
You can flag the person or notify a moderator but there is not much we can do on just suspicion.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
we can not do anything about a member that is suspicious of being a scammer without real proof that they indeed throughout the tortoise world is known to have scammed people.
The best thing to do is too warn the OP's of the threads the suspected scammer is posting on. It's the duty of the seller/adoptee/buyer to do their homework.
You can flag the person or notify a moderator but there is not much we can do on just suspicion.
I posted something about this person at the same time you did...Sorry about that. I just don't want anyone else getting scammed as it sometimes happen on this forum unfortunately

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I posted something about this person at the same time you did...Sorry about that. I just don't want anyone else getting scammed as it sometimes happen on this forum unfortunately
No worries. I don't want anyone getting scammed either. Just want members too realize we can't ban members off of suspicion and we have gotten a few flags on the same person by a few different members. This is fine as long as they realize we can't just ban people.

Reptilony

QC, CAN
No worries. I don't want anyone getting scammed either. Just want members too realize we can't ban members off of suspicion and we have gotten a few flags on the same person by a few different members. This is fine as long as they realize we can't just ban people.
Ok thank you I will delete my post then.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
That person was is most
Even if you do ban them they will just return with a different username. When it's obvious though I call them out. That person is definitely here for malicious purposes.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't know of any legit people in Cameroon. The mods can check the IP, and if it's Cameroon we can arbitrarily delete their posts and remove the person from our ranks. There were three scammers this a.m. They said they were in Texas, New York, and Canada. Their IP showed they are in Cameroon. I removed them and their posts.

I'm having computer trouble, so may not be as active on the forum as I should be, so beware! and thank you for reporting those you feel are not legit.

Cheryl Hills

5 Year Member
Youngstown, Ohio
I don't know of any legit people in Cameroon. The mods can check the IP, and if it's Cameroon we can arbitrarily delete their posts and remove the person from our ranks. There were three scammers this a.m. They said they were in Texas, New York, and Canada. Their IP showed they are in Cameroon. I removed them and their posts.

I'm having computer trouble, so may not be as active on the forum as I should be, so beware! and thank you for reporting those you feel are not legit.
Thank you for All you do.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA

Would be nice to know of this. I was never informed that just because they are from Cameroon we could delete and ban.
Now, can we do the same to others just because they are suspect?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Would be nice to know of this. I was never informed that just because they are from Cameroon we could delete and ban.
Now, can we do the same to others just because they are suspect?
If, like he Cameroon folks, they are in a different area from where they say, and are offering rare or regulated tortoises, then, yes.