Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Fun stuff. We need to get you a tub big enough for Aladar.

Skyler Nell

5 Year Member
Southern CA
That's awesome! They look so cute swimming.
I'm jealous! I tried this with my Desert Tortoises, when given the option sink or swim...they just sank :rolleyes: they will be sticking with shallow water from now on!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Tom said:
Fun stuff. We need to get you a tub big enough for Aladar.

That's funny! Because he's been staying outside and it's funny to watch him squeeze into my daughter's Little Tikes Playhouse...

He still soaks every other day in the same pool!

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
AWWW. That's too cute. I make my tort swim sometimes too, but it doesn't seem to enjoy it very much.
I love Eggroll, he's adorable, esp. in that sleeping pic!

RV's mom

10 Year Member!
Phoenix, arizona
how awesome! I never would have thought... RV went bonkers when I tried to put her into soak, and it wasn't that deep. Great pics, and yes, pic of the year!

teri

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
lushcious said:
I love Eggroll, he's adorable, esp. in that sleeping pic!

Thanks! She is adorable...isn't she?;)

sharkstar said:
how awesome! I never would have thought... RV went bonkers when I tried to put her into soak, and it wasn't that deep. teri

The irony is...the pool was set-up for Aladar to soak...and the yearlings all materialized around me...so I thought 'What the heck' and was merely gonna dunk them real quick (instead of a misting)...when Climber went in, he immediately started kicking...so one by one I let them all have a go...and PRESTO! Everyone of them took to it...even little Snowflake was kicking butt...although at first she was swimming in pivot circles...then she was covering the whole pool like an Olympic champ!

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Two of my 5 little ones can swim very well. The other three can walk under water. I can't figure what the difference is. Size and weight have nothing to do with it. I think the two that float know how to fill there lungs with air to increase there buoyancy.

Great pics, I have never seen them rest in the water, always a bit frantic.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
motero said:
Great pics, I have never seen them rest in the water, always a bit frantic.

Oh trust me! I had my camera handy...took the shot...and took her out! I NEVER leave them unattended in the water...except for humidity purposes...then there's like a 1/2 inch of water;)

Mao Senpai

5 Year Member
North Carolina
That is awesome. I tried that with my leopards and they were all floating around swimming in the sink ! I.. have yet tried with my greeks but I would imagine it would be the same.

motero

10 Year Member!
Arizona
I meant the tortoise is frantic while it is swimming. I have never seen them hold still and float.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
motero said:
I meant the tortoise is frantic while it is swimming. I have never seen them hold still and float.

Yeah! That threw me for a loop too!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
I love this. They look quite natural swimming like that. You have some beautiful Sulcatas there Dean. :D I always think that it's strange that when I put Fernando in the bathtub and leave him for an hour that when I check on him he's sleeping with his nose underneath the water. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.