Swollen eyelid

Peytons torts

Today when I was with my tortoises I noticed one of my adult females eyelid is a little swollen she was eating when I noticed it and while I'm typing this she is moving around perfectly normal did she just like scrape her eye on something so it's a little iterated or is it something serious

Oh and by the way she lives outside in a nice big enclosure with 4 other tortoises ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1435095442.743861.jpg
The plastic container in the photo is just some of my babies soaking ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1435095498.057714.jpg
And that is a picture of her eye ^

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looks like it might be an injury or poke of some sort. A soothing eye ointment will offer some relief.

Alaskamike

Location (City and/or State)
South Florida
Yvonne is right on with the meds. I am dealing with the same issue with my 8lb sully now. Looked very bad the first few days but wet way down over about 4 days with ointment treatment. I also cleaned out his above ground box real good to be more sanitary, as I saw he rubbed that eye with leg often, and I didn't want him rubbing feces on it. Had a fecal check done to make sure he wasn't compromised with that - he wasn't.

I use a latex glove, put a dab on my finger, sit in front of him while he eats, and slowly move my finger closer to his eye till one time when he reaches out for food it rubs the ointment on the eye. He barley notices.

Peytons torts

I'm going to my local reptile store to get the drops in the picture
Thanks everybody:)