Swollen leg

LoutheRussian

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Cornelius Or
Lou's right rear leg has been swollen for a week and a half now and doesn't seem to be improving. What if anything can I do to help bring the swelling down? He seems to walk on it fine and doesn't seem bothered when I touch it.ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401804098.775447.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401804112.579060.jpgImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1401804125.872550.jpg

Luke&Lou

T33's Torts

5 Year Member
Neverland!
It doesn't look all that swollen.
Usually swelling caused by diet, or straining is higher, like where the leg connects to the shell. I'm assuming you're talking about the one bump looking thing a little above his foot. It doesn't look bad, but nothing starts out at its worse. There's a slight possibility its an abscess of sorts, but usually its caused by an open wound (obviously no open wound). So, what I'll say is that if it gets bigger, or it starts to bug him, update us, and a vet trip may be in order. Again, only if it gets worse. It could just be a callous.

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Yeah, I'm not sure. I see what you're talking about but.... I guess watch it, see if it goes down? Wish I could tell ya more.