TAKE 2! Littlefoot- Galapagos Tortoise-- LIVE Webcam!

Were you successful in viewing the Cameras?

• Yes!

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No!

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Hello All,

Last year this time I tried to broadcast my lovely tortoise online for all to enjoy and see, however, it had many technical difficulties and was very hard to install onto people's computers (especially if they arent so technical).

So I sold my system to a friend and he used at his pizza place, and after 8 months of trying, he finally got it to work.

So I have decided to buy the latest and greatest system.

Let me know what you think!

To view please download this program...

http://q-see.com/files/software/QSD9000PC ViewerV1.0.5.18.zip

unzip the file, and install that program onto your computer

Open the D9-Viewer, at the first screen (User Login)
IP address--- littlefoot.mypets.ws
Media Port-- 9000
leave password blank
network is internet
CLICK LOGIN! :)

As of right now, there are 4 cameras. double click to make full screen, then double click again to bring back to all screens.

VERY IMPORTANT!!! PLEASE DO NOT MODIFY OR CHANGE ANY SETTINGS OR CONFIGURATIONS!!!!!

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF IT WORKS FOR YOU OR NOT. AND I WILL TRY TO HELP YOU OUT!!!

THANK YOU!!!!

OPTION 2 TO VIEW THE CAMERAS

if you dont want to download the zip file (or cant figure that out)

and you have a Windows computer (not a MAC, sorry)

and you have Internet Explorer

then go here...

http://littlefoot.mypets.ws/

install the .cab file when prompted, and install any and all Active-X controls.

You will also need to do the following...

http://q-see.com/files/ResourceFiles/Enabling Active X for Windows.pdf

that is a PDF file that uses Adobe Acrobat reader, follow the instructions (very easy) to add littlefoot.mypets.ws as a Trusted Site, and to change the Security settings to allow for the Active-X to download

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHICH OPTION YOU CHOSE AND IF YOU WERE SUCCESSFUL OR NOT. THANK YOU!!!

IF YOU SEE ANYTHING ON THE CAMERAS THAT IS A CONCERN---- LIFE OF LITTLEFOOT IS IN DANGER, SOMEONE IS STEALING HER, SHE HAS FLIPPED OVER, THERE IS A DOG IN THE BACKYARD OR ANYTHING ELSE THAT IS OUT OF THE ORDINARY

PLEASE EMAIL ME IMMEDIATELY! I CHECK IT EXTREMELY OFTEN ON MY CELL PHONE AND AT WORK

[email protected]

IF YOUR INFORMATION LEAVES TO THE RECOVERY OR PROTECTION OF LITTLEFOOT I WILL SEND YOU A HUGE REWARD!!!

THANK YOU FOR HELPING ME PROTECT MY PRECIOUS LITTLEFOOT! :)

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Cory wouldn't it be easier to hire a babysitter for Littlefoot or just bring her over to my house and I will watch her for you? lol Great idea that you have here I'm impressed. I didn't think at her size she would have many predators does she? :(

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
but wheres the fun in that? this way people all around the Globe can enjoy watching Littlefoot sleep in her hot box (which is what she does most of the day).

its actually quite easy to install, it just seems like a lot, because I typed out every little detail.

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Boo I have a Mac so option numero dos is out :(

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
O.K. my husband did it, but right now at 7:00 p.m. we can't see anything. He doesn't know if it's because you might have turned it off or (I was thinking because it's dark). My husband says no that's not it. Anyway he says for me to tell you that he can replay today and so far that's all we can see. I saw your clock and your wall heater and your Bible and a little bit of Littlefoot, but not much. Just wanted to let you know. I'll try tomorrow and see what I can see. I hope it works.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
efezp5.jpg

idf9mp.jpg

vickyb

5 Year Member
Umm, I just downloaded this and typed in the information as shown. I see grey windows (no picture)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
vickyb said:
Umm, I just downloaded this and typed in the information as shown. I see grey windows (no picture)

You downloaded the program-- D9-Viewer, or you are using Internet Explorer? Does the Reply function work?

Click start, Run, type in dxdiag, how much memory do you have? Click the display tab, what is the date of the device driver? What version of Direct-x are you using?

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
there are now 7 cameras running 24/7.

anyone having any success or failures? i can troubleshoot pretty much any problem.

miss_kristyn

5 Year Member
Texas
I downloaded it as well and there is just a grey/brown box in live nothing showing... though I can look at replays. And I downloaded the D9 Viewer.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
miss_kristyn said:
I downloaded it as well and there is just a grey/brown box in live nothing showing... though I can look at replays. And I downloaded the D9 Viewer.

that means your computer is having a tough time loading the video feed. try to just run that one program, and nothing else. also you might need to update your video card device drivers.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
i have 7 cameras up and running 24/7, with night vision, and they are water/weather proof, so they are outside in the tortoise area. anyone interested in watching?

Defiant

5 Year Member
Arizona
I also get a grey/brown in the areas for the live feed cameras. I can see they replays just fine. I have dual 9800GTX Nvidia GC's (Ex-WorldofWarcraft Addiction) Its def not my GC's and tips? And btw that tort is beautiful wish I could afford one.

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
I have the same problem with only getting a grey box on the Live feed with the player. Only things I have running right now are this website, the player, and Yahoo IM.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Defiant said:
I also get a grey/brown in the areas for the live feed cameras. I can see they replays just fine. I have dual 9800GTX Nvidia GC's (Ex-WorldofWarcraft Addiction) Its def not my GC's and tips? And btw that tort is beautiful wish I could afford one.

please do this....

click start, run, type in dxdiag, if you get a popup (click yes), under system tab tell me how much memory you have, and tell me the directx version. under display tab, tell me total memory (left side on display tab), and date of driver (right side of display tab). and tell me the brand name of your PC (HP, Dell...etc)

recap..

needed info..

system tab --- Memory and Directx version
display tab --- total memory and date
brand name of PC

once i get this info, i can help you trouble shoot the issue.

thanks for trying it out! glad the replay works

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
fhintz said:
date = 10/4/2007
Dell PC

that is what is holding you up. you need a more recent device driver for your video card. please go to the dell website, and upgrade your device driver. everything else looks good. thats a really good thing, because this is the easiest and cheapest (free) thing to upgrade.

just go to www.dell.com, click support, and upgrade your specific video (graphics) card.

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
got 8 cameras up and running! anyone need any help? you can see littlefoot out and about grazing, drinking water, basking in the sun, and see the cats/squirels, and birds in the yard as well. its pretty fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.