take a good care of the egyptian tortoises please

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptian and proud "mayar"

5 Year Member
hi all , i'm new and i was just looking for some info about tortoises , then i found the Egyptian tortoises category , you all know how rare and precious the Egyptian tortoises are , this kind of tortoises is one of the most endangered species , the government here always ask us to be aware of that and help this specie to survive and put it in natural reserves , so please take a good care of the Egyptian tortoises , we care for it and hope that you would do so too . we don't even sell this kind of tortoises in here "EGYPT" but unfortunately some dealers ship them abroad just to gain more money , i'm not asking you to stop buying them because if you didn't , others will do , but please take a good care of them or just put them i a natural reserve to help them survive , and thanks a lot for your time

RockyMountainMan

5 Year Member
I am also new to this type of tortoise and just learning about them. There were a couple more threads about purchasing them online. Since they are endangered species, is it legal to purchase them online? It seems that some people purchased them in the states, from Florida or Texas. What about abroad? I have seen dealers/breeders posting online from UK, Spain and other countries that claim to be able to ship to US, are they legal? Can you purchase abroad?

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Tropical South Texas
You do not have to have a permit to possess them in the united states. They are not allowed to be shipped into or out of the US either. CITES export or import will be denied. It doesnt stop people from trying it though. All we can hope is that the ones purchased are in great hands, and used for captive breeding programs to populate this species more heavily in captive collections. This species is a very special wonderful tortoise.

Status
Not open for further replies.