Take me down little Susie

ColaCarbonaria

Location (City and/or State)
Pensacola, Florida
She thinks she’s the queen of the underground.
IMG_2414.jpg
Vic Morgan and I kinda hit it off over the phone for several months starting last fall and of course I jumped at the opportunity to go over to his place and pick up some MEP last month. It was a dream getting to see a lifetime of work and he has been more than patient with me. I don’t think I quit smiling or asking questions the entire time I was there. We talked music to natural history and everything in between, he’s an interesting guy to say the least. Anyway it was great.

Big Mama and the Master
IMG_2379.jpg

It was super cold that day so the herd wasn’t very photogenic but Meghan and I are headed back over next month and I’ll post more pics of how he’s keeping these incredible prehistoric tortoises in such a natural way.

So these are my little guys I got when I was there.
IMG_2516.jpg
IMG_2518.jpg
IMG_2484.jpg
IMG_2469.jpg
Who doesn’t love a good poop.

I also grabbed this guy off fauna from a person keeping as a pet up north and was also produced by Vic, this was a mid ‘15 hatch.

IMG_2481.jpg

And you know I wasn’t leaving without a couple of these little guys!
IMG_2453.jpg

xxslang

Ohio
Does he sell red foots as well? I heard he was the best to go to for a MEP. Wasn't sure how to contact him.

harris

10 Year Member!
Ohio
Outstanding!! Being able to meet him is a lifelong goal of mine. I'd probably faint.

Alena

5 Year Member
She thinks she’s the queen of the underground.
View attachment 229582
Vic Morgan and I kinda hit it off over the phone for several months starting last fall and of course I jumped at the opportunity to go over to his place and pick up some MEP last month. It was a dream getting to see a lifetime of work and he has been more than patient with me. I don’t think I quit smiling or asking questions the entire time I was there. We talked music to natural history and everything in between, he’s an interesting guy to say the least. Anyway it was great.

Big Mama and the Master
View attachment 229583

It was super cold that day so the herd wasn’t very photogenic but Meghan and I are headed back over next month and I’ll post more pics of how he’s keeping these incredible prehistoric tortoises in such a natural way.

So these are my little guys I got when I was there.
View attachment 229584
View attachment 229585
View attachment 229586
View attachment 229587
Who doesn’t love a good poop.

I also grabbed this guy off fauna from a person keeping as a pet up north and was also produced by Vic, this was a mid ‘15 hatch.

View attachment 229588

And you know I wasn’t leaving without a couple of these little guys!
View attachment 229590

How old are they?

I have 2 mountain tortoises. One is Brown 4year old , the other is Black not sure how old.

I also have a 1 year old Cherry head . I had since she was 1 month old.

I adopted a Russian from Petco as well.

Your Tortoises are Beautiful.

I'm jealous of you on meeting Vic. I would love that opportunity! Congratulations!

20180205_162901.jpg20180205_163820.jpg20180105_095908.jpg20180105_101018.jpg

ColaCarbonaria

Pensacola, Florida
How old are they?

I have 2 mountain tortoises. One is Brown 4year old , the other is Black not sure how old.

I also have a 1 year old Cherry head . I had since she was 1 month old.

I adopted a Russian from Petco as well.

Your Tortoises are Beautiful.

I'm jealous of you on meeting Vic. I would love that opportunity! Congratulations!

View attachment 229649View attachment 229650View attachment 229651View attachment 229652

Thank you! Your herd is looking great!! The babies are all around 6 months give or take, the cherry heads are a little younger and the male mountain tortoise is a month or so ahead of everybody, but that bigger MEP will be 3 this year. How old are your mountain tortoises they’re looking good!

Alena

5 Year Member
Thank you! Your herd is looking great!! The babies are all around 6 months give or take, the cherry heads are a little younger and the male mountain tortoise is a month or so ahead of everybody, but that bigger MEP will be 3 this year. How old are your mountain tortoises they’re looking good!
My MEE turned 4 October 2017.

I was told my MEP was 4 when I got her in October 2017 . I was shocked to hear 4 only because she was smaller than the MEE. She has grown an inch since October. 20171024_170032.jpg This was October 2017

N

no one

Nice!! I had the pleasure of meating some Mountain Tortoises when I got my Elongata. Very nice species, curious and absolutely beautiful!! If I was a rich girl... Lol