Taken Shelby out of Brumation advise needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Hi Shelby as had his first Brumation. I took him out yesterday, he been a sleep for 9 weeks and I know I could have left him longer but felt as it was the first time I done it I did not want to push my luck. I warmed him up slowly I was surprised how fast he came around. I then gave him his soak near the heat lamp I know not to stick em under as they can warm up too quick he did put his head under a few times and I saw a few bubbles but I do not think he drunk a lot if any. He eat yesterday he did not take a lot but at least he did eat not bad for his first day. I am worried because I do not think he as past urine yet. if he did I not seen the Urinates yet. He as eaten better today and because I know its important to get him drinking and to wee I bath him a few times under his lamp. He is tending to dig down and sleep a lot but he is moving around, I checked him over he looks ok his eyes looked a bit strange yesterday but the are normal today. I know it could take a while for him to poo as he need to digest the food but How long does it take for him to past Urinates That is what is worrying me as I know he needs to flush those out.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Well, not to worry just yet :D I would continue to offer up warm water soaks and I would make sure to keep the soak going for at least half an hour but more is better---I would just make sure that the water remains warm the entire time....if you cut his sleep short, he may just need a little while to completely come to....I would say to set up your lights to be on no less than 14 hours, be sure to keep the enclosure warm (as though it is the warm season) and be sure to continue to offer food as well as continue the warm water soaks...also, you may not see him pee, if he is clear then you will not necessarily see him pee....:D

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Thanks Angela I have him on 14 hrs with a red light on at night it's around 23 c at night. I been soaking him for around half a n hour and changing water as soon as it feels to cold and because I am worried I did it twice yesterday and 3 times today the poor tort is starting to feel like a turtle lol,I thought his wee would have urinates after his sleep because of the build up of toxins. x

Status
Not open for further replies.