Taking turtles to Italy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
I am stationed in Naples, Italy. A co-worker's wife wants to bring her red eared slider and map turtle to Italy with her. Does anyone know what is involved in this process? She has had them for over 10 years and really doesn't want to be seperated for 3 or 4 years. Thanks for the help!

Turtle Guru

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
WV
DocNezzy said:
I am stationed in Naples, Italy. A co-worker's wife wants to bring her red eared slider and map turtle to Italy with her. Does anyone know what is involved in this process? She has had them for over 10 years and really doesn't want to be seperated for 3 or 4 years. Thanks for the help!

Well you would have to ask the airport about the water for the turtles because they need it really bad and they love it. Second you need to keep them relaxed as possible so they wont get sick or die. Last try to get them over there the best way you can because it sounds like that woman loves them turtles so take care of everything advise and for the best.
Well good luck man and keep safe.

And if you are Christian then pray to the LORD he will help even if you are not Christian still pray he is with you no matter what:D

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
um... what you really need to do is check if its legal to take turtles into Italy.. you will probably need permits and health certificates.
IF they are allowed... they would not be transported in water..
I would guess it will bebest to leave them home with a friend and re claim them when they get back....

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
While I applaud her not wanting to leave them behind in all honesty leaving the behind may be the best option. First of all you will need to figure out if italy will even allow them into the country, some countries don't even allow them in, then if they do then you will most likely need health certificates from a vet, and more than likely a ton of paperwork, I would PM egytaindan, he seems to have a ton of knowledge about international laws like that and may be able to help. plus we have a few italian (in italy) members maybe they could offer more advice, I wish you luck in your endeavor.

DocNezzy

5 Year Member
Thank you everyone. I told her exactly the same thing, probably not worth the trouble. I know bring my leopards wasn't worth it. And if they did get over here, I would worry about not being able to get them back home. Thank you again for the responses!

Status
Not open for further replies.