Tallula - I'm a little worried !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
The last few months I've had to wake T up and put her by her food dish, as she used to wait for her food to come. Anyway, thats not my worry, she's always eaten all her food !! This morning though, was different. I woke her up, put her by her food, and she fell asleep. So I went back to check on her, woke her up and stood on the other side of the room to watch if she'd eat, and she was awake, but nothing! I hand fed her a couple pieces of lettuce, which she chomped on, but then when I left her, she wouldn't eat. She didn't walk away from it, which was good, but I had to be at work for a massive deadline today, and was late in trying to hand feed her. I left the spring mix there, and will try get home at lunch, but otherwise will have to see this evening if she'd eaten it all. I sure hope she ate it all !!!!!!!!!!

Seems like maybe T and Nigel may have the same problem....if it is a problem, and they're not just being weird for now?!

OH and she had NOOOO probs wolfing down her little yellow pepper treats last night !!!! Maybe just a little tummy ache?!

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Stace, I am sorry to hear that your little Tallula did not eat her food. That is very weird because yesterday, Hermy did not eat at all (maybe one or 2 bites). I thought it was because he was being picky and that he only wanted Mazuri but I am not so sure anymore. He only wants to eat treats or curly lettuce. It is soo weird that they are acting like that!!!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
I agree it is weird. Dotsy and Biggie, for a few days maybe a week they would eat almost nothing I tired almost everything. they would take a couple of bites of their favorites then nothing. I soaked them a bit more and watched that they had normal bowel movements. All seemed fine. Then all of a sudden they both began eating everything in site. Maybe they are like us somedays I just don't feel much like eating especially what I should. LOL
How have both of your temps been?
My torts are inside so their temps have been between 78F-91F

M

Maggie Cummings

I am having the same problem with several torts here and I finally decided that they had noticed the days getting shorter and the weather getting colder.
Stazz...are you having a weather change? is it still hot there? Could that be her problem, are your days getting shorter?

bettinge

5 Year Member
Upstate NY
I agree, I think they have a clock running that says to slow down for hibernation. My bearded dragon goes down every year in mid August! They know! Just my opinion!

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
After reading all of the posts and other threads during the end of summer months I'm thinking that it's a tort thing. Dale doesn't eat half as much as he did in the winter months. I try to get him to eat spring mix and he walks away from it. I try dandelion leaves and he now wants nothing to do with them. Last week he ate the equivalent of three leaves maybe. He is eating cucumber and endive though and he did eat a little of the romaine my son gave to him he even left a good sized piece of a mushroom the other night. :( Maybe they just don't eat as much now for some reason.

Madortoise

5 Year Member
Penelope is definely responding to the weather change. It's been overcast and colder and the days are shorter, too. I had to leave home this moring before she was active so I left her in her hide w/food outside. I came home; she was still in her hide but food was gone. I think I'm consciously giving her less food than she had during summer, though.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Well when I got home yesterday evening, all the spring mix was gone.....so she definitely ate it during the day. I am not so worried if she's eating when I'm not there, its just so weird and as a tort mom, its your initial reaction to freak out because she has had the exact same routine since day 1 with us, almost 8 months ago! So I had a little freak out, but as long as she's eating...and there are no fairies eating her food during the day hahahha, I'm A-OK. :D She hasn't been as crazy as before, she is still active though but I guess you are all right, I think she knows the seasons are changing. The days are still hot here, but not AS humid, and last night was actually a lovely evening for a change, so I'm thinking she knows this!!!! Clever little creatures aren't they! I switch off the a/c for her in our new place, so she's spoilt with warmth during the day. Her MVB should be arriving soon ! I just think she's trying to change her own routine LOL. So interesting to hear everyone elses little guys are acting against their usual routines too LOL. SOOOOOOO interesting !!!! I wish they could talk !!! :p

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Mine are slowing down as well. we had our first light rain the other night. heaters on.
Could there be anything in the new place that is effecting her? Chemical? Sprays? residual cleaning products??

Stazz

5 Year Member
Nothing new at all....no new chemicals or anything....the place we moved into was cleaned with all the same stuff as we clean with, so I can't think of anything that is really affecting her in the new place. She's warmer in the new place I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.